Black Out Grille Surround (Paint or Wrap) on Sierra

I really like the bold/big muscular grille on the Sierra. It stands out a lot on Denali with that massive chrome surround. However i don't like chrome. I think this contrast is somehow lost on the AT4 because of the body-colored grille surround. I'm in the process of trying to wrap or paint the grille surround on my AT4 to black but i want to keep my factory red grille surround in-case i ever decide to go back to the stock look.

I was looking to buy just the grille surround, wrap or paint it and install. However, it seems the grille is available as one-piece only and you can't get just the surround alone. The whole grille is fairly expensive, over $700. The alternative for me is to buy the accessories grille ($450) in black and just install. I think the accessories grille is the Elevation trim grille and because of my vanity ?, i don't want to install a Elevation grille on an AT4. I don't believe i can swap the insides.

Anyone done this?

Grille surround indicated in yellow. 

grille.thumb.jpg.74d409568712eb23482df69e2ae04428.jpg

Accessories grille in black. 

acc_grille.png.5185639377765e66d9c60ce7880cb72c.png

21 hours ago, Jdkno said:

Why not just wrap the one that's already on your truck? Any decent shop could knock that out in an hour or so, if you dont like the outcome or if you want to go back to factory just peel it off. 

I actually know how to wrap and did the wrap on my previous vehicle. Most decent shops around me quote $400 to $500. That's just not worth it to me since the material is less than $50. I don't have a garage to remove the grille, wrap it and re-install. That would take around a day. Which is why i was looking to buy the grille separately, comfortably wrap it and install when i'm ready. You do bring up a good point though. I might have to do it this way.