Ive asked multiple people across instagram with 5.3s on 37s and they say it doesnt slow it down very much at all. and instead of spending alot of money on regearing im gonna get an intake and tuning by blackbear, and i already have an exhaust.
The only way you'll really get your power back is to regear or forced induction lol. I've got a 6.2 with a 7" lift and 35s. The power loss was definitely noticeable. I got a blackbear tune on it now and it helps, but still not were it was. I expected that though. It's a lifted truck. I'll probably eventually regear, but its expensive so it's not a priority. Also Readylift makes a 9" lift that will fit 37s. It's a great kit, I'm running the 7" version.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The only way you'll really get your power back is to regear or forced induction lol. I've got a 6.2 with a 7" lift and 35s. The power loss was definitely noticeable. I got a blackbear tune on it now and it helps, but still not were it was. I expected that though. It's a lifted truck. I'll probably eventually regear, but its expensive so it's not a priority. Also Readylift makes a 9" lift that will fit 37s. It's a great kit, I'm running the 7" version.

Wondering if you’ll take another hit on your mpg’s after re-gearing as well?

So I’m starting the second version build of my truck and this is all been double and triple checked for fitment and clearance and I’m currently just waiting for the wheels to arrive so everything can go to coating. McGaughys 7-9 SS suspension lift, Zone 1.5 body lift, 26x14 wheel, 37x14.5r26 tire. So on a 10 wide you should be just fine with the 7-9 turned up 8 or 9 running a 37. Hope it helps 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Really, currently running 323’s, any recommendations?

I’m by no means any type of expert my friend, but I will be regearing both my differentials to I believe 4:10’s with this new rebuild. The man doing the job builds race cars for a living and told me I will get power and gas mileage back from the swap. But I know those are for my size tires I will be running because he wants to measure the inflated circumference of tire to do his calculations before making the gear purchase. At that point I just nod and smile haha

• Like 2