So I was wondering what is the best quality lift for the money under $2000 for my 2018 silverado since i plan on buying it at the end of my lease and i always plan way tooooo far in advance for things like this. So here is my idea. I have dropstar 655bm 20X10 -25 offset on 33x12.5 toyo RTs on my truck leveled 2 inches at the moment but as soon as i fully purchase the truck i want to fit 37s. Although the 8 inch BDS and SuperLift say they can fit only 35s ive seen plenty of guys running 14 wide -72 offset on 35x15.5 tires on a 8 inch lift and fit so why cant i get a 37x12.5 on my 10 wide. So what lift would you guys go with in my situation. Im mainly looking at the mcgaughys 7-9, BDS 8inch, Superlift 8 inch. What one do yall think is gonna be my best bet. Thank You.

You shouldn’t have any problems fitting the 37’s on a 8” lift. I have a pro comp 6” lift with king coilovers up front and if I raise the coilovers up as far as they can go I could easily fit 37” tires. Maybe just a little rubbing on inner fender well. Can always cut so it doesn’t rub. Planning on doing this when I’m ready for new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Highly recommend contacting lift companies, asking this question and see the difference between manufacturers, some may make your truck have wider track and turning radius, some may not. May be Lifts that are better fitting for your truck than others.

• Like 1

I’m running a 4.5” CST lift that can be bought with rear shocks for just under $2K for the kit but then comes the cost for install.

I’d stay clear from Rough Country. Zone which is the lower end BDS’s competition to Rough Country makes a nice lift for approximately $1200 - $2K per lift but then comes install. It all depends on whether you’re going to want the best built or just a lifted truck look.

I’d recommend Mcgaughs over BDS

19 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s a Negative!

i don't know - i think a lot has to do with what you are using your truck for.  i had a 7.5" rough country lift put in over 3 years ago and have had no issues at all.  now, with that being said, my truck is pretty much a street queen (ha!).  if my plan was to go crazy off roading then i'd likely gone a different route.

also - to the question in the original post....  my lift/tire guys said that 37s would not fit with my lift, so i have 35s

i don't know - i think a lot has to do with what you are using your truck for.  i had a 7.5" rough country lift put in over 3 years ago and have had no issues at all.  now, with that being said, my truck is pretty much a street queen (ha!).  if my plan was to go crazy off roading then i'd likely gone a different route.

also - to the question in the original post....  my lift/tire guys said that 37s would not fit with my lift, so i have 35s
I think he was speaking to the point that the lifts quality get better the more tall the lift. Like the low lifts are crap.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Rough Country has a couple “acceptable “ lifts but the brand is well known to be the cheapest and for a reason. I’m not going to go back and forth about it but will say that NO shop I deal with offers them and when I’ve asked why and they flat out say they refuse to deal with RC cause to many warranty issues after installs and most people are looking for any excuse to get free stuff done.

Get what you can afford but no one should rush into anything, research, save up and get a more reputable better designed lift, one that’s not going to cause more stress than needs to.

Offering the Lifted look is what makes RC successful, I’ve been told by lots of off-roading maniacs YOU DON’T OFF-ROAD WITH RC unless you don’t mind replacing your whole suspension. I’d recommend Zone for lower cost lift before RC. I’ve also had multiple people claim zero issues on the forum and later complaining of ball joint and CV issues. My CST lift has been on for a year, 50 mph in fields bouncing around with zero issues, no alignment issues, nothing....you get what you pay for. Nothing wrong with having the look, just don’t push it.

Good luck!

• Like 3

I think he was speaking to the point that the lifts quality get better the more tall the lift. Like the low lifts are crap.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

They’re over stretched low lifts, that’s all. The only RC lift I’ve heard was ok, the 5” bracket lift but you’ll need swap out the garbage RC shocks

23 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

You shouldn’t have any problems fitting the 37’s on a 8” lift. I have a pro comp 6” lift with king coilovers up front and if I raise the coilovers up as far as they can go I could easily fit 37” tires. Maybe just a little rubbing on inner fender well. Can always cut so it doesn’t rub. Planning on doing this when I’m ready for new tires.

Thank you. Good to know. ?

23 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

May want to also consider Re-Gearing as you are getting bigger tires and will soon start wanting more power on the bottom end.

Ive asked multiple people across instagram with 5.3s on 37s and they say it doesnt slow it down very much at all. and instead of spending alot of money on regearing im gonna get an intake and tuning by blackbear, and i already have an exhaust.

Ive asked multiple people across instagram with 5.3s on 37s and they say it doesnt slow it down very much at all. and instead of spending alot of money on regearing im gonna get an intake and tuning by blackbear, and i already have an exhaust.

That’s false and bad information. I’ve got a 6.2 and noticed a difference just going to 34” tires. The SuperChips Tune completely fixed that.
  • Like 2