whoops

laqualo

49 minutes ago, laqualo said:

Thought i had a full load RST Z71 5.3  but just realized i have no parking sensors or lane guidance . Damn 

You ain't missing anything, IMO. My RST has everything but that package, and I'm glad I DON'T have it, to be honest. I like my additional corner mirror on the driver's side a lot more than some little yellow dot telling me there's an unidentified object in my blind spot. 

• Like 2

I always laugh when someone says their truck is "fully loaded" or has "every option" because 95% of the time that is not the case. This is even more funny when it isn't even the top of the range model... Not sure when they say that if we are supposed to be impressed or offer words of encouragement?

Tyler 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laqualo said:

Thought i had a full load RST Z71 5.3  but just realized i have no parking sensors or lane guidance . Damn 

back update

still hurts . Just not as bad . 

There are aftermarket options to deal with such issues.  My '15 only came with rear sensors and camera.  My next truck will have 360 degree view and sensors! ?  I'm  "old school"  in many ways but I'm all for options that improve my visibility.  I try not to become dependent on such aids and use them as backup. ( I still have an older car and motorcycle that don't have eyes of their own!)  I recently added a camera to the front licence plate area of my truck.  It provides continuous view  (and recording)  on a dash mounted screen.  You don't appreciate how big of a blind spot is in front of your truck until you have such equipment.  I know we all can manage without, but it sure is handy when parking is tight!

What happened to the back?

58 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

I always laugh when someone says their truck is "fully loaded" or has "every option" because 95% of the time that is not the case. This is even more funny when it isn't even the top of the range model... Not sure when they say that if we are supposed to be impressed or offer words of encouragement?

Tyler 

Pretty sure the OP meant his RST is "fully loaded" with every available option GM offers in the RST trim. That's how I read it. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I’ve always just considered it by trim level. Either way, trucks that are truly “fully loaded” are impossible in any trim. There are many options / packages that preclude having others, and with GM, it’s always an “either-or” thing...never both!

Don’t lose sleep over the parking sensors. In the winter I’d rather be without, because ice buildup gives them major fits. Lane change alert is another thing that hasn’t really done anything for me.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 4

Lane guidance is not available in RST trim. The lane keep assist is an LTZ/HC only feature with the safety II package.

RST's can get a safety package which for it includes front and rear park assist, rear cross  traffic alert and blind spot monitoring.

Personally, the front and rear park assist is really handy, especially if parking in a tight garage. Rear cross traffic alert is also nice when backing out of spots when you can't see who is coming.

Again, people idea's of fully loaded varies. If the RST doesn't have buckets seat convenience package or the convenience II package (power rear slider, garage opener, 120  volt outlets in cab and box, infotainment 3 with full voice commands and HD radio screen and camera, extra USB ports, rear in-seatback storage with Bose audio, etc), doesn't have the full length wheel to wheel boards, box liner, rear wheel house liners, etc, then it's not loaded.

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler 

I would start with encouragement, then praise, then along to condolences, and finally, a heartfelt speech about paying attention to what you are buying, these trucks are not being given to us for free.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler 

Would $14900 in options on a $42000 base RST truck meet your definition? I buy a truck for me not for others, did that once for my wife with a $hitbox Pilot.. My $56K+ RST stickered most LTZ's on the lot, but then again some weren't loaded with 22" wheels, off road appearance pack, all star pack,  convenience pack II, leather seats, Nav, Bose, bed protection, trailering package, trailer brake controller, etc.....but they did have the mirror sensors.....and I wish my Traverse with those sensors instead had the rectangular spot like the Silverado.

2 hours ago, Dpach said:

Again, people idea's of fully loaded varies. If the RST doesn't have buckets seat convenience package or the convenience II package (power rear slider, garage opener, 120  volt outlets in cab and box, infotainment 3 with full voice commands and HD radio screen and camera, extra USB ports, rear in-seatback storage with Bose audio, etc), doesn't have the full length wheel to wheel boards, box liner, rear wheel house liners, etc, then it's not loaded.

Maybe he just meant it had a full tank of gas, and a butt in every seat... 

wheel to wheel boards ≠ fully loaded. It = you’re old. 

18 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Would $14900 in options on a $42000 base RST truck meet your definition? I buy a truck for me not for others, did that once for my wife with a $hitbox Pilot.. My $56K+ RST stickered most LTZ's on the lot, but then again some weren't loaded with 22" wheels, off road appearance pack, all star pack,  convenience pack II, leather seats, Nav, Bose, bed protection, trailering package, trailer brake controller, etc.....but they did have the mirror sensors.....and I wish my Traverse with those sensors instead had the rectangular spot like the Silverado.

I'd never pay for Nav again.  Just traded in a 2017 Yukon SLT Premier that had everything but the kitchen sink and the useless Nav that you get charges big $$ for the useless updates. Android or Apple app on these trucks is perfect, just perfect - could have saved some $$$$ buying one without.  In my next post,  I'll work up to trying to be able to share my true feelings about the GM navigation LOL. 

Edited by mwbutcher
Sp
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mwbutcher said:

I'd never pay for Nav again.  Just traded in a 2017 Yukon SLT Premier that had everything but the kitchen sink and the useless Nav that you get charges big $$ for the useless updates. Android or Apple app on these trucks is perfect, just perfect - could have saved some $$$$ buying one without.  In my next post,  I'll work up to trying to be able to share my true feelings about the GM navigation LOL. 

As far as in-built Nav units go, it isn't *terrible* - I've used a few times. while gimmicky, I kinda like the graphics that show you which lane to be in....     I still can't figure out why they don't just stick Google Maps in there by default.. why go to the trouble of building your own thing when a very good option exists already and everybody uses and loves (well, that might be stretching it) - Always wondered the same about "smart" TVs as well - just use Android. No learning curve for your users, easy to use and it works....    but that would just be too easy

On 9/23/2019 at 3:40 PM, econometrics said:

Pretty sure the OP meant his RST is "fully loaded" with every available option GM offers in the RST trim. That's how I read it. 

exactly . some of these dudes crack me up . 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, econometrics said:

Maybe he just meant it had a full tank of gas, and a butt in every seat... 

wheel to wheel boards ≠ fully loaded. It = you’re old. 

Maybe I am old, maybe I am not. You don't know, quit being a smart ass. But 'loaded' means every available option and the top priced options like I listed (full length wheel to wheel boards versus shorter boards, etc). But so many people consider anything with leather to be 'loaded', and it's nowhere close.