Is Red Hot a Grown Up Color?

No, you can't. The dealer has to do an age verification before they'll let you drive off in one...

Get what you want in whatever color you want and don't worry so much what complete strangers think. 

• Like 3

Wasn't aware you only had certain colors to choose from in a certain age bracket.. and I think after age 40, you don't give a $h!t what others think.. I at least hope not. 

The Rock! It Doesn't Matter!!

Edited by jpinoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like to think of my self as a grown up. I’m 30 and bought a red hot Custom Trail Boss, because to me Chevy trucks are bright red. My ‘57 is red. my ‘83 is red, my dad’s ‘94 is red, and his ‘84 was red.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to me,  recently turned 70 and after owning over 3 dozen Chevys during the past 50 years this RST is the first one colored red. Options and appearance was always more important than the color itself. Only rule was to never have more than one in the the same color at the same time.

Wasn't really crazy about red, but felt sorry for it at 4 miles on the odo, having sat for over 5 months on the lot without a single test drive. Likely due to the  $56K+ sticker which was higher than some LTZs. The $14K+ off the Maroney including all taxes and tags sealed the deal despite the color. Offical GM color for the '19 Silverado is "Red Hot", but same color code is also called "Pull Me Over Red" on some other GM models.

Must be a popular color for '19s.....there were 6 red out of about 20 Silverados on the main lot in this color when I purchased and not a single red one left 3 months later. Actually looks great once dechromed using black accents, would have gone with black side moldings too, but the wife insisted they would look better matching body color. Chrome grille bowtie surround has got to go also; I have to decide whether a dark maroon or black chrome like used on Traverse redlines to blend in.

DSCN0662.JPG

DSCN0637.JPG

DSCN0628.JPG

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Happy Birthday to me,  recently turned 70 and after owning over 3 dozen Chevys during the past 50 years this RST is the first one colored red. Options and appearance was always more important than the color itself. Only rule was to never have more than one in the the same color at the same time.

Wasn't really crazy about red, but felt sorry for it at 4 miles on the odo, having sat for over 5 months on the lot without a single test drive. Likely due to the  $56K+ sticker which was higher than some LTZs. The $14K+ off the Maroney including all taxes and tags sealed the deal despite the color. Offical GM color for the '19 Silverado is "Red Hot", but same color code is also called "Pull Me Over Red" on some other GM models.

Must be a popular color for '19s.....there were 6 red out of about 20 Silverados on the main lot in this color when I purchased and not a single red one left 3 months later. Actually looks great once dechromed using black accents, would have gone with black side moldings too, but the wife insisted they would look better matching body color. Chrome grille bowtie surround has got to go also; I have to decide whether a dark maroon or black chrome like used on Traverse redlines to blend in.

DSCN0662.JPG

Great looking truck!  I have a long history as well and colour is not a main deciding factor for me when purchasing a truck.  Circumstances have resulted in me owning a few red trucks and would be proud to own a truck like yours!  I wouldn't do any trim modifications as I think it looks perfect as it came from the factory!

A few years back, there was a book published named "All Corvettes are Red" with a subtitle of "all others are mistakes".  

I haven't seen a Trail Boss book yet, so I'm assuming if you're paying the cost, you get to be the boss, and you can choose whatever color you like. . .