Hey guys,

I got a 2015 Silverado 5.3l. 138,250km. started ticking sometime last winter. Would happen instantly at start up and last about 5 minutes then would fade away. Sounded like a lifter. Took it to the dealer they said they couldn't hear it. Sound went away so left it.

Fast forward to this winter and as Soon as the weather started to cool down I noticed the ticking again.

Took it back to the dealer said they couldn't hear it again. I went and picked up my truck right at closing, soon as I fired her up the sound was there but everyone was gone so no one to hear it. I took a video. Next day I called the dealer, sent the video. Took like a week to get back to me. In the meantime I had taken videos pretty much every time I started it.

Long story short after a brief fight with them about them trying to say it's normal etc they agreed that it sounded like a noise coming from the valve train. Left my truck with them, they called me said they had to change all lifters. Went to pick up my truck and on start up the sound is still there.

This was a month ago. Sent more videos and a previous video from before they did the work and they are saying they can't hear it again.

Took it in in person they agreed that there's an issue again and they will look at it. Now they are saying it's possible bad injector noise but they can't figure out which one ?.

In the meantime I took it to another dealership they changed the vacuum pump. After that the sound changed. Now it's no longer at start up but once the truck has reached operating temperature and is more of a dull sound. Took it back to that same dealer who did the vacuum pump and they said valve train noise and deffo not injectors. But they won't work on it because the other dealer already did. 

They didn't change the VLOM or the cam. I had/have no check engine lights. Truck runs awesome. Sometimes rough idle.

Any ideas what it could be?

Edited by Brad Davies

I have the exact same noise, random ticking, sounds like a spark wire shorting out but louder. I can't find mine either, goes away after about 10 minutes driving.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Can you post a video of yours? I a wanna hear it also. 
I've only got an audio clip which I can't upload. Will do a video later.

I'm scared sh!tless that it's a lifter or something cos if the engine let's go I'm screwed.

I feel yeah man. Me too. I still got a bit of warranty left. But I feel like I'm gonna get screwed around until it's up. Looking forward to the video. 
Finally got round to recording my ticking, worst when cold. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5dea71b0c0686/1575645529.mp4