Husky Liners, did I get the wrong ones?

I ordered some Husky liners the other day and they showed up today.  I wanted the softer more rubbery model.  When I talked to the sales rep and told them this, they said I wanted the Weatherbeater model.  So I ordered them.  These seem to be just as plasticy as the Weathertechs in my old 2000 GMC.  Did I order the wrong ones, or are the other version from Husky even more hard slippery?  I think the other version is called Xact fit??  Anyway, just trying to see if I need to send these back and swap them out.  I don't like the slippery mats in the old truck and want better ones for the 18.

I think they gave you the wrong ones as you want X-act Contour as they are the soft type and the ones you have are the rugged plastic ones. They may not be available yet...I'm trying to get a set of the X-act Contour for the wife's 2018 Acura RDX but not made yet.

https://www.huskyliners.com/Floor-Mats-Floor-Liners

Sierra Boy

I have the Weather Beaters, bought them back in 14, had them in my 14, 16, and now my 18.

They break in pretty quickly, as far being slick, have had really no issues with my feet sliding around, things on the back floor (have the full coverage mat) don't move much either.

They definitely last a long time.

I agree that the GM ones look great.  Only reason I didn't go that way was that the driver front does not go under the throttle pedal.  Since that's where your right foot generally lives, it seems to be a short fall to me.  I wanted to protect that area of carpet as well.

I called the vendor today and they are going to get me a label to send back the Weatherbeater and get me the Xact contour liners.

I have the Husky X-Act contour and they were really slippery at first. I was very disappointed, but I decided to give them some time. It only took a couple days and the slipperyness wore off. They are as flexible as they need to be.

I hunt and hike out of my truck. I track in snow, mud, gravel, and blood. These mats do an excellent job protecting my carpets. I have no reason to replace them, because they are perfect for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mike GMC said:

I agree that the GM ones look great.  Only reason I didn't go that way was that the driver front does not go under the throttle pedal.  Since that's where your right foot generally lives, it seems to be a short fall to me.  I wanted to protect that area of carpet as well.

I called the vendor today and they are going to get me a label to send back the Weatherbeater and get me the Xact contour liners.

The gas pedal was the exact reason I took the factory ones out of my 18, they are very nice, but do not fit as well as the Husky's.

Anyone in Washington that see's this post, I will make you a deal on the factory ones.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:58 PM, Sean3565 said:

I got the ones in the GM accessory catalog and in my opinion are nicer than the Weathertech or Husky.

I agree.  my Z71 came with them and when my dad was looking for a set for his Denali, I recommended the GM floor mats (which someone somewhere told me were made by Weathertech).  I found a set for him locally that were $120 so it was a no-brainer..

Truthfully, I like them MUCH better than the Weathertechs that I've had in the past, although, I've never owned the Husky Liners..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

I agree.  my Z71 came with them and when my dad was looking for a set for his Denali, I recommended the GM floor mats (which someone somewhere told me were made by Weathertech).  I found a set for him locally that were $120 so it was a no-brainer..

Truthfully, I like them MUCH better than the Weathertechs that I've had in the past, although, I've never owned the Husky Liners..

I got mine used for 100$ 

On 12/31/2019 at 9:02 PM, JimCost2014 said:

The gas pedal was the exact reason I took the factory ones out of my 18, they are very nice, but do not fit as well as the Husky's.

Anyone in Washington that see's this post, I will make you a deal on the factory ones.

Yeah the factory ones are ridiculous. The exact spot that needs the most protection has none.

I don't know the logic behind that, if there is any.