In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

viperdad

Hidden Fisheye camera feature on Lt trail boss

Hey guys I had a weird thing happen and I want to know if it has hallened to anyone else. I’ve had my 2019 LT trail boss for less than 6 months and this is the second time it happens and I was able to take a picture of it. Last nigh when I opened the truck with the remote and got in I noticed the screen was on and there was a fisheye view on it. After I turned it on it went off and when I put it in reverse the regular camera turned on. I thought it could be the same camera just a different setting but from the picture you can see the fisheye is left of the regular camera and the angle is different.I thought that bubble next to the regular camera was just an led light and I don’t see the camera in there. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to activate the fisheye camera? Whats the purpose of that camera? I cant seem to find anything about it online. 

53BD9690-904A-4ADE-A386-20CFF40CC2E1.jpeg

5C9EF6C4-C463-4969-8B34-5ED5F1CCA1EF.jpeg

Here is the picture of the camera.

3376A4C0-6FF1-416A-BACB-E7CDFA6479B1.jpeg

Here is a picture of the camera.

I think that other cam is the trailer hitch view. At least is is on mine. Do you have that option on the screen when in reverse?  Mine shows that fish-eye view occasionally but I just assumed a camera malfunction. 

Interesting. I wonder myself. I'm sure someone will know

No I don't have any option for the fisheye, I wish I did though. It probably is a malfunction. The next step is when it happens again to run to the back and have my son take a picture to see if it is the same camera or a different one.

I believe there was a software update bfor the fisheye camera error. My 19 did it a couple times and the dealer said there was an update for it

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It’s a fault, not a feature. The other bubble is just the hitch light.

Trucks with the hitch view option still have only one camera, and digitally alter the image from the backup camera for the top-down hitch view.

there is a thread already on here somewhere about this,  its just a glitch in the system that usually happens if you put it in reverse very quickly after starting, not allowing enough time to fully boot up

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Morgan Swisher
      My new truck has cameras all over it. Front, side, rear, top. I figured out how to remove the tailgate, even made a short UTube video to help others, but after removing it, I found out that the camera system does not work. I still wanted the front, side, and top cameras to work with the tailgate off. Has anybody else encountered this? Figured out how to keep them working with the tailgate off?
    • By videoarizona
      Search returned no results??  Can't believe everyone is happy with the bad quality of the back up cameras on the 2015 trucks. I have a Denali, and for the top of the line truck, the camera is worse than a 20 year old consumer hand hold video camera. Seriously.

I've looked at various aftermarket options, but none of them say they are any better. Even Dorman simply says better lens material for better quality. Really? Same camera, better lens?

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!

BTW, been lurking for almost a year now...and really enjoying the learning experience this forum and it's members have brought to my retired life!!

Thank you,
    • By lulu88
      Hello Everyone. 

I had a question in regards to GM's 8 Speed Transmission. I'm looking into buy a Chevy Silverado, with the RST package. I've notice that package comes with the 8 speed transmission. However, I have look up online, as well as on here, and I've notice people having a lot of problems with that transmission. I also heard that they have done a fix with that transmission. My question is has any one bought the new body style Chevy truck with the 8 speed transmission and have  had any problems with it? Did they actually fix it? What are your thoughts? I'm also looking at other packages as well without this transmission too. 

Thanks! 
    • By BrodyGN
      Hello, 

I wanted to see if anyone knows the actual answer about leveling a trail boss. Can you really get away with a "cheap" level ie. Rough Country using only spacers or do I need to fork out the extra and get the ready lift or fabtech with the upper control arms. Is the Readylift video brainwashing me or do you really need the control arms?!? Asking because it seems to be about $500 (CAD) difference between the two choices. 
    • By Gutzy
      I'm looking to get a soft roll up tonneau cover for my 2019 trail boss. I was at the dealer last night and they were telling me that since the 2019 trail boss has the auto open tailgate that you have to go with the GM version of the tonneau cover and that the other branded covers prevent you from utilizing the auto open feature. Does anyone know if this is the case. and if so has anyone ever had the GM tonneau cover? is it good quality?
      I have always been an access guy but would still like to still be able to use the auto tailgate open feature. does anyone have any experience with this? does anyone have  the lorado access cover on their silverado and still able to use the auto open feature?