08 Canopy on an 06 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab?

Hi, I have a 2006 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with the 5' 8" box. I know during 2007 they changed the style slightly, so I'm wondering if a canopy that is currently on a 2008 1500 crew cab (5' 8") would still work? I know the fit wouldn't be exactly perfect, but has anyone had first hand experience trying this or seen it done? I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know how it went if so! Looking at the box sizes they're very close (attached photo), but I wonder with the slight style change how it would sit/mount.

I've been in need of one for a while but tight on money and they're tricky to find used in my area, one just became available and I'm hoping to pick it up if it would work. If anyone has seen it done where a 2007-2013 canopy has went on the classic style I would love to hear about it and how it fit.

Thanks!

1500 box sizes.png

10 minutes ago, LaloKera said:

Only one way to find out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah too bad the seller isn't very interested in letting me give it a try to see how it'll fit without buying it.. so was really hoping to find someone who has already seen/done this before, especially if they had any photos. Unfortunately I'll probably need to just keep waiting and hope a better match pops up sometime for the right price.