In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Rdy2Rmbl

Air Deflector replacement for 2018 Silverado LTZ 1500

Question

hi guys, I recently discovered damage to the air deflector on my truck, and want to replace it. I did some searching and found the exact part for $298, but

found the GM version to be significantly cheaper at $56. Will the GM part bolt up to my truck without any issues? Any reason to pay $230 more for the chevy version?

chevy part: https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-parts/gm-bumper-filler-84029800

gm: https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-parts/gm-air-deflector-23381985

thank you for taking the time to handle my request.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Budman Jones
      Planning on leveling my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 with the MotoFab front 3" and rear 2" leveling kit.  Planning on fitting 33" inch tires on my truck after.

Trying to decide if I want 18" wheel rims or 20" wheel rims.. so if you could post pics of your trucks that would be great. Thanks!
    • By Kgaddy
      Hello all, I’m sorry if this isn’t posted in the right section but I couldn’t find any results for the problem I’m having. 
      So a little bit of back story.... I have a 2005 Silverado 1500 2wd with 180,xxx miles on it, It’s a good old girl. I recently had a lot of work done to the front end, new rack and pinion assembly, new coils, shocks, spindles, new ucas, new upper ball joints and tie rod ends. I had a shop install on the parts because I don’t have a driveway to work in right now. All the parts replaced were stock oem parts, so well worn out. The truck rides great now much more controlled and steering feel is firm. But I noticed there is about an inch of free play in the steering wheel ( no resistance, no moving the wheel in the free play). 
      What do y’all think it could be? I checked the intermediate steering shaft for play and it is moving with the u-joint at the rack and pinion. Can the gear box be adjusted? 
      Thank y’all for your insight. I don’t just want to fire the parts cannon in vain. Again thank you for all the help! 
    • By Adrian C
      Hi, I have 2 questions. One, I want to do the HD Front end conversion on my 2007 NNBS Silverado1500. I know what I need, and I have decided on the 2011-2013 HD grill and bumper. I have gone on line and seen some people go with the 2007-2010 HD hood and some people go with the 2011-2013 HD hood. Would any one know the difference or if one fits better onto the 1500 truck? And does anyone know how to install the bumper? And the second question was, How can I convert the truck into full electric mode? I have manual windows and no power locks. My truck is extended cab and I would wish for the back windows to work as well. Or does anyone have a really good video on what parts I need and how to do it step by step? I am by no means a mechanic but i do work on my trucks here and there on small things. Thanks in advanced!
    • By Zachariah Harrison
      I have a 99 silverado 2500. Has middle fold down seat. I want to put center console and seats with arm rests in like tahoes had. What years and seat would work. I want cloth seats.