2013 GMC Sierra Stereo Wiring Diagram

Good day Together
I have a GMC Sierra 2013. Now I want to replace the radio and I bought a JVC radio. Unfortunately I can't find the description of the coloured cable connections anywhere. Can someone help me which cable color is for which purpose on my GMC Sierra 2013.

Thank you for your help

Elias

IMG_20200306_110410.jpg

IMG_20200306_110403.jpg

IMG_20200306_110342.jpg

IMG_20200306_110416.jpg

I'D check out

https://www.the12volt.com/

There's many variations of factory stereos.

Don't cut the harness as there's adapters you can get to plug into the factory harness that'll have pigtail ends.

Especially being a 2013 or even if it was a 07 as well with today's newer vehicles when you cut a wire you're essentially at times cutting into a wired/wireless network and as with internet networks in vehicles as well this causes problems.

Get the proper adapter, wiring diagram and you'll have this knocked out in no time.

They even have adapter plates for mounting but also keep in mind your vehicle will most likely need a security bypass module as well.

BE sure to ask about these things on 12 volt website.

I have a 04 Chevy Tahoe and I had to get a bypass module and I have a base model Tahoe, no steering wheel controls or anything of that nature. I don't know if yours does but if it does this is something to keep in mind as options on the vehicle can dictate what aftermarket parts / adapters you have to use.

Also with a pigtail harness you can do the wiring on the bench and when installing it'll be plug n play for the most part. Make sure to seal the connections properly.

Also crutchfield.com has a configurator which you can put your options in and it'll let you know what you need.

IF you get speakers don't get 3 ways but rather check and if the vehicle has component with crossovers you'll want to go that route as well because who wants a stereo that doesn't sound good either. I learned the hard way and now have to buy component with crossovers because mine sounds well like sh** !!!!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

there's also gmupfitter.com for wiring diagrams

I also second getting a wiring harness instead of cutting into the vehicles wiring.

Things you want to look for/consider for the harness to support(depending on what your vehicle has as well):

-retained accessory power (RAP)

-steering wheel controls (SWC)

-bose

-how much power the radio needs

-external amp support

-support for parking brake and/or backup signal (for multimedia support and backup camera support)

-

• 10 months later...

Okay, so some more research will be needed, I do not recommend cutting anything, like the others said because you will lose onstar and possible airbag failure. There are adapters for all these mechanisms to work with your radio but they are pricy. 

If those aren't much use to you, then here is some help. 

Most of the wires you will need are within the black plug. 

12V power + (red/white

12V power - (black) 

Dimmer  (yellow) 

FR + (light green)

FR - (dark green) 

FL + (tan)

FR - (gray)  

RR + (light blue)

RR - (dark blue) 

For some reason, the LR speakers as well as the amp wires are in the yellow plug.

LR + (brown) 

LR - (yellow) 

Sub + (blue) 

Sub - (blue/black) 

That just leaves the one green wire in the black plug (#13 I believe) 

This wire, if you connect it places you will see you loose lights in some places, and airbags in others. So I really do not know what to do with this plug as supplying it with voltage hurts the system somewhere else but not having it plugged in leaves something behind. 

ALSO, newer GM vehicles don't have an accessory wire so on your radio, you must take that and run it thru your truck to wherever has 12V with key on only. This will be the culprit if your radio not having power or light on the screen. But has lights on the buttons. 

With all that, after hooking up, it seems that onstar is no longer green, (maybe its that green wire?) But that aside the radios work for these trucks without any wiring harnesses.

Although If your friends plan to upgrade, suggest to them the intellilink from newer gm models as it is almost plug and play in most cases. 

• 1 year later...

Question:

Off subject, and sorry for this but is there a forum on the issue of ( Traction control and Stabilitrac warnings) ? My research led me to replace the Steering sensor which seemed to eliminate the problem for most GM pickup owners, It did not solve my dash warning light issues.