Why should I Buy 2020 Denali?

I am a current owner of a 2016 GMC 3500 Dually Denali with about 24k miles. I was told by the dealer its looks like a brand new truck inside and out. I am considering getting  a new 2020, I went to my dealer which I purchased my 1999 dually gasser used, a 2014 Diesel dually denali new, traded and got my 2016 diesel dually Denali. I enjoy the limited text abilities and now see NO texting for the 2020 and you have to plug in and use AA. My '16 has the GM approved aftermarket camera system. Front grill, mirrors and wireless trailer (I have a 48' box trailer). But reverse dumps the trailer camera and activates the tailgate camera. The new camera system is useless on a GN trailer AND no one can answer how the reverse camera system works. The TPM (on trailer) and a long trailer that uses 115 psi isn't recognized, 100 psi max. The increase in GVW and GVWR didn't increase for camera systems on long trailers or TPM systems.  

SO YOU CONVINCE ME.

My local dealer told me he will not offer me discounts AS he can SELL most his GMC truck inventory without additional discounts, even he has numerous trucks on his lot! 

I am seriously looking to Laura GMC. 

So tell me why should I get a 2020 fully loaded denali with a color I like.

You shouldn't.  What's wrong with your 2016?  Why dump a ton of money into a new vehicle with all the extra expenses?  Just because it's newer?  Lame excuse.  Keep your 2016 if you are happy with it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

You shouldn't.  What's wrong with your 2016?  Why dump a ton of money into a new vehicle with all the extra expenses?  Just because it's newer?  Lame excuse.  Keep your 2016 if you are happy with it. 

They're offering 0% 84 months on pretty much all GM vehicles.

That'd be the only reason I could see why.

I am within 300# from max GVWR overall and 200# on the front axles. Ran it thru scales. Also, maintenance will now grow as age continues.  I can still get a great cash value to the right buyer. I am hoping  for a total win vs win. 

I am also able to have GM employee AND  retired military discounts. 

Edited by Gecko50
Add material

2 hours ago, Gecko50 said:

My local dealer told me he will not offer me discounts AS he can SELL most his GMC truck inventory without additional discounts, even he has numerous trucks on his lot! 

Buy it because you can, and it will make you happy.

Shop at a different lot, you are not obligated to buy from just one, epically if they are not even willing to negotiate a price. They want full price, and then will beat you up on your trade, I would not even talk to them again until I had tried other lots.

Call your local dealer in two weeks when they’re not moving any inventory, and we’re on the verge of a recession and see if they want to sell one to you then. Out of principle I wouldn’t give them my business but still will be funny to see how bad they’re willing move a truck a month from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

They have been trying  to have me switch  to their  2020 inventory.  Problem is Laura GMC is almost 20k cheaper. A coworker purchased one spent $300.00 on fuel, 2 nights at a motel for rest on the drive from the dealer to Vegas. So I have to explore the prospects to get what I WANT. 

10 minutes ago, Gecko50 said:

They have been trying  to have me switch  to their  2020 inventory.   

My dealer has tried to get me to switch to their new inventory since a year after I purchased my '15.  My trade is always at its peak and prices on new are always at their best! ?  Buy a new truck if you want the joy that comes with a new truck. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gecko50 said:

They have been trying  to have me switch  to their  2020 inventory.  Problem is Laura GMC is almost 20k cheaper. A coworker purchased one spent $300.00 on fuel, 2 nights at a motel for rest on the drive from the dealer to Vegas. So I have to explore the prospects to get what I WANT. 

if you do get one go there.....never believe what a salesman tells you....at least not until you speak to others in same field....I would for sure travel....why not, save thousands and have nice road trip back home....and yeah I am getting same thing from dealers on 2500....discounting 2019 but not near enough for me to bite....ones that are want me to come in and go "over" the ad price, I already know what that means....if something pops up that's really good fine, if not no worries

another member here is on his way back from north Dakota and got a "Laura price" or really close.....HC 3500 diesel

5 hours ago, Slizzo said:

They're offering 0% 84 months on pretty much all GM vehicles.

That'd be the only reason I could see why.

a good discount will beat out 0%.....and all loans on trucks are giving a grace period currently, or most anyway

Plus don't be married to one dealer. The minute they think you won't go 30 miles up the road is when they will really screw you! You are buying the truck, not the dealer. For years I have done this. My local dealer has a great service dept. but the salesman are dicks so go where you get the best deal.  I agree with what others have said as well. Especially HotRodz, they will be excited in a month or two when they look out the showroom window and it is still sitting there. lol