Our 2015 Yukon Denali we just bought with 101k miles on it, it rides a little rough.  We have driven a tahoe before and it hasn't felt this bad.  After doing some research I am finding out the magnetic ride suspension goes bad pretty quickly and becomes a rough ride.  I saw somewhere that some people were removing the magnetic ride suspension on denalis and replacing it with the regular suspension thats on the lower trims of yukons and tahoes.

Has anyone here done this?  If so any issues caused by doing this?

Also if anyone has done this, I would be interested in finding out exactly what parts are the best to swap to the regular suspension (part numbers etc.), as there are many different part numbers for the same shocks on gm's parts website, wouldn't know exactly what to start with when it comes to converting the magnetic ride back to standard.

Thanks.

Edited by caleb01

17 hours ago, newdude said:

First off you need something like this:  http://shocksims.com/

Next, grab a VIN for an SLT Yukon that is optioned like yours and then order the appropriate shocks and struts either GM or aftermarket.  

Thanks for the heads up on needing the shocksims.  Wasn't thinking of that.

Vin for similar SLT sounded like it would narrow down the different shocks available, but when I entered the vin on gmpartsdirect.com, when it comes to the coil spring and the shock absorber there are more than 5 different models. (see screenshots).

Would anyone know if there is a particular suspension model option that is best for conversion from the magneticride ?

Or does it not matter, could just pick any one from this list?

Thanks. 

img878.jpg

img879.jpg

Edited by caleb01

42 minutes ago, caleb01 said:

Thanks for the heads up on needing the shocksims.  Wasn't thinking of that.

Vin for similar SLT sounded like it would narrow down the different shocks available, but when I entered the vin on gmpartsdirect.com, when it comes to the coil spring and the shock absorber there are more than 5 different models. (see screenshots).

Would anyone know if there is a particular suspension model option that is best for conversion from the magneticride ?

Or does it not matter, could just pick any one from this list?

Thanks. 

Kinda typical of parts sites like that.  They don't always narrow down/give correct info.  

Does your Denali have 20 or 22 inch wheels on it?  I'll see if I can get some #s for you.   

• Like 1

Kinda typical of parts sites like that.  They don't always narrow down/give correct info.  

Does your Denali have 20 or 22 inch wheels on it?  I'll see if I can get some #s for you.   
Thanks for the offer to try and find some part #s. Really appreciate it.

Wheels are 20 inch

44 minutes ago, caleb01 said:

Thanks for the offer to try and find some part #s. Really appreciate it.

Wheels are 20 inch

So.  Denali comes with Z95 Magneride and Z82 Trailering.  

Being Denali has the air for the rear shocks as well, you will need the struts and shocks for an SLT with Z85 Premium Smooth Ride with Air leveler and Z82 trailering.  Numbers are below.

Front Suspension (need 2 of everything):

Spring - 22845791

Insulator - 15808594

Absorber - 23179308

Nut - 11561435

Cup - 23424926

Mount - 22826284

Cup - 23424927

Bumper - 22830628

Seat - 15803177

Insulator - 22891336

Rear Suspension (need 2 of everything):

Absorber - 23276087

Spring - 23154240

• Like 1

21 hours ago, newdude said:

So.  Denali comes with Z95 Magneride and Z82 Trailering.  

Being Denali has the air for the rear shocks as well, you will need the struts and shocks for an SLT with Z85 Premium Smooth Ride with Air leveler and Z82 trailering.  Numbers are below.

Front Suspension (need 2 of everything):

Spring - 22845791

Insulator - 15808594

Absorber - 23179308

Nut - 11561435

Cup - 23424926

Mount - 22826284

Cup - 23424927

Bumper - 22830628

Seat - 15803177

Insulator - 22891336

Rear Suspension (need 2 of everything):

Absorber - 23276087

Spring - 23154240

Wow. Really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!

• 3 months later...

Another discussion starter.  The shocksims website recommends these for the front.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009DNW1SO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Has anyone used these?  It comes up to half the price when using these versus all the part numbers mentioned earlier.  If anyone has used these, how to they ride compared to the suspension from the non denali yukon (part numbers above)?

their website also only mentions the absorber (23276087) to be replaced in the rear and doesnt mention the coil spring.  Perhaps this suspension can be downgraded without needing to replace all the components? Just the absorber in the rear and a monroe complete strut assembly.

My main question is what is the difference in replacing all the suspension components with the part numbers in the post above, or just doing a monroe complete strut assembly in the front and just the acdelco absorber in the rear.

Thanks for any input.