Brake pedal hard to push

my brakes definitely don't have the bite I'm used to in my other cars and last truck. I'm wondering if it is due to brake pad material... something that lasts longer and can take heat. reminds me of my low dust pads on sports car, just don't have the stopping feel like stock brembo pads. my side by side oem pads lasted 2000 miles, they sucked for any sort of aggressive braking. tried cheaper aftermarket ones that were much better at stopping, but lasted maybe 500 miles. 

overall I'm not impressed with the braking, doesn't feel linear and takes quite a bit of effort. gotta wear the heavy boots. contrast that to a crossover suv I just put in Napa pads and rotors (ie nothing special) it sends you through the windshield with little force on brake pedal. 

1 hour ago, georgecdisc said:

my brakes definitely don't have the bite I'm used to in my other cars and last truck. I'm wondering if it is due to brake pad material... something that lasts longer and can take heat. reminds me of my low dust pads on sports car, just don't have the stopping feel like stock brembo pads. my side by side oem pads lasted 2000 miles, they sucked for any sort of aggressive braking. tried cheaper aftermarket ones that were much better at stopping, but lasted maybe 500 miles. 

overall I'm not impressed with the braking, doesn't feel linear and takes quite a bit of effort. gotta wear the heavy boots. contrast that to a crossover suv I just put in Napa pads and rotors (ie nothing special) it sends you through the windshield with little force on brake pedal. 

I think i've finally gotten used to it, but I definitely feel the same! It feels noting like my last three 1500's or my Yukon. I wondered if it has anything to do with the weight of the vehicle.

I’ve been keeping my eye out for a big brake kit for my truck for 2 reasons. I I agree it could use more brakes and 2 I think the red calipers would look good behind my 22x10 wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/13/2020 at 8:45 PM, gSwift said:

I think i've finally gotten used to it, but I definitely feel the same! It feels noting like my last three 1500's or my Yukon. I wondered if it has anything to do with the weight of the vehicle.

Not just the wadded weight, but possibly the larger wheels / rolling mass? Still, I went with an HD for increased stopping power for pulling the boat and it does pretty good.  Mines the gas engine. Maybe your also fighting the diesel a bit when braking?

2 minutes ago, Stand By said:

Not just the wadded weight, but possibly the larger wheels / rolling mass? Still, I went with an HD for increased stopping power for pulling the boat and it does pretty good.  Mines the gas engine. Maybe your also fighting the diesel a bit when braking?

Rolling mass, yes, but all my 1500's had 20 and 22 inch wheels and 35 & 37" tires and the braking was fine on those. I don't think it has anything to do with the diesel but more to do with the rolling mass. But like I said, i've gotten used to it now and account for the additional time and distance it takes to bring it to a complete stop.

yeah the steering and brakes are nowhere near the 2019 RST i had prior.....i could see adding a better caliper and maybe pads would help.....but they are kinda pricey

On 8/13/2020 at 4:26 PM, paticus said:

I feel a similar way. I also feel like I have to be very careful in drive thru's as I've caught the truck creeping forward because i didn't have enough pressure on the brake pedal. 

lol. so many times that has happened to me, and at stoplights......almost tagged a few peeps b4 i caught that i was moving

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 1500, have had several 1500’s before this one 2014 and onward, and a Lifted 2015 3500 with 35x12.5” tires on 20’s. Brakes were good on all of them.

this week I’ve test driven two separate 2020 3500 SRW Denali’s, one CCLB and one CCSB. Brakes are seemingly very weak on both and require a lot of pedal effort. I thought there was something wrong with the first one until I drove the second one.