2019 Sierra 1500 totaled today

Picked our daughter up from swim practice this afternoon and while on our way home a teenage driver ran a stop sign at full speed and hit us. Thankfully my daughter and I are okay, just some cuts, bruises, airbag burn, and a lot of coughing from the airbag smoke. We will be okay in a few days. Had to climb out the back doors to get out of the truck. Needless to say, I will be getting a new GMC Sierra via insurance. Hopefully sooner than later. I loved this truck and GMC does not offer the Red Tint Coat any longer. The only thing that matters is that we are okay and the young driver is okay, She says her brakes did not work. Doesn’t matter, just glad all three of us are safe. Jesus was certainly riding with us. God is good. 

33B50105-F475-4118-B9CC-F4DB670269B9.jpeg

7BBC30F6-AF0C-4CF2-B96F-DEA2CB378720.jpeg

0F2796BE-6003-489B-B6BC-F33E8C2A7679.jpeg

565666F4-E946-43D5-A552-F486C9442748.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

Wow. Glad everyone's ok.

I had a similar incident years back when I had a Odyssey minivan packed with my wife and kids.  A distraught teenager, who just broke up with her boyfriend, pulled out right in front  of us and I T-boned her at 45-50mph.  Thank God she was driving a old Volvo and hit her right at the A pillar or she probably would have been a lot worse off.

1 hour ago, ljramsey said:

Picked our daughter up from swim practice this afternoon and while on our way home a teenage driver ran a stop sign at full speed and hit us. Thankfully my daughter and I are okay, just some cuts, bruises, airbag burn, and a lot of coughing from the airbag smoke. We will be okay in a few days. Had to climb out the back doors to get out of the truck. Needless to say, I will be getting a new GMC Sierra via insurance. Hopefully sooner than later. I loved this truck and GMC does not offer the Red Tint Coat any longer. The only thing that matters is that we are okay and the young driver is okay, She says her brakes did not work. Doesn’t matter, just glad all three of us are safe. Jesus was certainly riding with us. God is good. 

Sorry about your truck.  Glad y'all are OK though.  

Any wreck you walk away from.....all is well.  Truck did it's job and GM makes beautiful new trucks every day.  And most importantly, as you said, looks like the Good Lord was looking out for everyone involved.  Take care and God bless.

Edited by Foghorn19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ljramsey said:

Happy to hear everyone is ok.  That is quite the car accident.

If you order a 2021, you will get increased tow ratings :)  Go for the 3.0L Duramax if you can!  It's awesome!

Glad you and the family are ok. And just as glad your were wearing seatbelts. I know people who actively disable their reminder chime cause wearing seatbelts is a “hassle.” SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Notice the cab is fairly intact. The right front absorbed it like it was designed.
GM knows what it's doing in that department.
This is the reason I don't drive cars.
Camry smash into Camry not pretty.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wow, so sorry OP. As everyone has said, thank God y’all are fine. ??

It’s nice to know you are all okay after the location of that impact. This is the one, specific place on the T1s that scored low on the crash tests. But it’s clear that even with a lower score, it’s still very safe. 

Damn, that was a hit. Glad everyone walked away. What was the other driver in? Had to be well built since they walked away as well? 

Well wishes and be sure to post some pics of the replacement.