2014 GMC Sierra SLT Transmission shudder/stutters when trying to shift up in gear

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT 4WD 5.3L. 3 days ago while driving home I noticed that there was a slight stutter/shudder when the truck was attempting to shift up to the next gear. It seems that it only happens when easing into the gear at a slower speed,normally around 50MPH or so,and occasionally continues to happen while maintaining those speeds. 89,000 miles on it. I bought all the stuff do change the transmission fluid and filter but was hoping somebody could give me some alternative ideas to check before diving down that rabbit hole. Really needs this fixed ASAP, I’m a firefighter and this is my vehicle I commute to work in. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 years later...

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - I just had this shudder during acceleration and going up hills.  I changed my MAF sensor and then the plugs and wires.  It progressively got worse and started feeling like a transmission issue.  Turns out I needed a rebuilt transmission.  I have 125,000 miles on it was completely shot.  Rebuilding the transmission is 4-5 grand.  If you feel this shudder or skip bring it in immediately.

First and foremost is it a 6 speed or 8 speed transmission also when was the last time you serviced your transmission. Also another thing to look for is your u joints on your driveshaft they are known to go bad and cause shudder/ chevy shake. I am currently experiencing something similar to what you are I have 74000 miles and I have once already rebuild the transmission. Tomorrow I will be taking my truck to a driveshaft shop to see if my shudder goes away. Upon inspection of u joints I moved my rear driveshaft seemed solid however the front one you could move it up and down side to side hopefully that’s my issue I will keep you updated. Also my transmission fluid is still good and currently have a trans cooler. 

• 1 month later...

ive had this for years, 14 5.3 AT.  was gonna have my tranny flushed by the dealership at their recommendation, never been done in 125K miles.  called another dealer and they said DO NOT GET IT SERVICED.  if I did it would die in a month.  if its never been serviced I don't recommend it.  I drive now on tow mode or use manual.  its 75% better.