Do you have keyless entry buttons on rear doors?

I wonder if you set the option to "unlock all doors", does it really matter, or are people too lazy to walk 2 feet to the door they were headed for initially?

It’s mainly for when you need to put stuff in the back. Happens all the time to me. Walking back from the grocery store and I need to open rear door to sit my kid in the car seat and groceries under the other seat and I have to walk up to the front door first and then push the button and walk back. Yeah it’s not a huge deal but it’s annoying especially after being used to having them on all 4 on my 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, SummitWhiteT1 said:

It’s mainly for when you need to put stuff in the back. Happens all the time to me. Walking back from the grocery store and I need to open rear door to sit my kid in the car seat and groceries under the other seat and I have to walk up to the front door first and then push the button and walk back. Yeah it’s not a huge deal but it’s annoying especially after being used to having them on all 4 on my 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you nailed it. No, it's not a big deal, unless you're already used to them. Honestly, they could eliminate all of them and have the doors unlock automatically when the fob is detected close by if they wanted to. Perhaps have it integrated into the handle to unlock as you grab? I think some people are more upset with the fact GM is taking them away like under-hood lights, glove box lights, metal hood releases, etc. just to save a few pennies, than they are the real omission of the buttons on the back doors.

• 1 month later...

2021 gmc elevation and have em on all four doors again......2019, 2020, and now 2021 and all trucks had them......what i dont have on this one which i had on other 2 is all 4 window roll down switch....that i kinda like

• 2 weeks later...

I had a '20 Silverado High Country K1500. It did not have the buttons on the rear doors. Every 2019 I looked at did and for some reason the 2020s were hit & miss. I hadn't realized this until after I got it home.  Rarely am I going to the front doors first. Whether its putting work stuff in the rear seats, or a grandchild, I'm always going to the rear doors first. Our 2018 Traverse Premier has them on all 4 doors and that's where I got used to it. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why the highest trim package chevy offers (& customer pays for) doesn't have it on all 4 doors.

I need to update my profile but I traded for a '21 Sierra AT4 3.0 Diesel 1 year & 1 day from the purchase of my '20 Silverado and now have them on all 4 doors!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/31/2020 at 8:00 AM, ShotgunZ71 said:

Manufacturers are slowly eliminating them from rear doors. Their studies and data indicate many owners don't use them. They simply unlock from the front door handle or fob, then open the rear doors. I've seen this discussed on Ford forums and a few others. Must be the latest automotive "trend".

I use mine quite a bit.  But I can see where there studies have shown this

My 22 WT has window buttons but not lock buttons on the back door. 

If I’m walking up to my truck and know I want to get into the back door first, I hit the unlock on the fob twice. If not I only hit it once. A non issue for me I had to look to see because I never noticed the back buttons. 

3 hours ago, redwngr said:

How did we ever survive when we had to unlock with a key??

True. 

when I was a teen I had a 84 F150 and my buddy had an 86. I told him I was gonna jump in his truck and take if for a spin with my key. He said yeah ok. To both our amazement, it fired right up and. He’s like wtf get back here. His also started mine but neither would unlock each others trucks. Fun old times. 

Edited by Pryme

9 hours ago, Pryme said:

True. 

when I was a teen I had a 84 F150 and my buddy had an 86. I told him I was gonna jump in his truck and take if for a spin with my key. He said yeah ok. To both our amazement, it fired right up and. He’s like wtf get back here. His also started mine but neither would unlock each others trucks. Fun old times. 

Back in the day when you had the ignition key to start it, then the oval key (GM and Ford) for the doors and trunk. Two keys, but still a simpler time.

• Like 1