New supercharged Cadillacs

12 hours ago, econometrics said:

The 2022 Raptor debuts in less than 24 hours. With a 5.2L supercharged V8, it seems. 

So... yeah... GM is once again (WAY) behind the 8 ball in this sector. 

But we have new Trail boss commercials! 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

But we have new Trail boss commercials! 

? ?? 

I do think GM greased the sweet spot with the TB/AT4. No doubt about that. Adding a modest 2" lift to a truck and making it appear "off road" for all us city-slickers that love trucks was a good idea. I would never buy a TRX or Raptor, but I would 100% buy an AT4. 

Regardless, Raptors and TRXs bring the eyeballs. And it's just not that hard for GM to do this, seriously. They already have the powertrains for it. Just put some Fox or Bilsteins on a TB with some beefier components and the 6.2L whiner under the hood and go enjoy your added profit margins. 

6 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Regardless, Raptors and TRXs bring the eyeballs. And it's just not that hard for GM to do this, seriously. They already have the powertrains for it. Just put some Fox or Bilsteins on a TB with some beefier components and the 6.2L whiner under the hood and go enjoy your added profit margins. 

Would see super easy right ?  And yeh you nailed it , enjoy the profit. We know there are people who have no issues dropping 100k on a truck . 

Mary is the problem here imo, she has no passion for automotive design, form or function and that lack of enthusiasm rubs off onto all of us customers too. Not saying she is a bad CEO or bad at what she does, just that she lacks the passion that some others seem to have to make a great product like Ford and Dodge right now. As others have said all the parts are already on the shelf to make something great but when the boss doesn't have any interest then we get what we have now.

Mary no doubt would make a great coat hanger factory CEO, it's a shame she was handed the keys to one of the most iconic american automotive brands and is turning it into an appliance factory it seems like.

Mary is the problem here imo, she has no passion for automotive design, form or function and that lack of enthusiasm rubs off onto all of us customers too. Not saying she is a bad CEO or bad at what she does, just that she lacks the passion that some others seem to have to make a great product like Ford and Dodge right now. As others have said all the parts are already on the shelf to make something great but when the boss doesn't have any interest then we get what we have now.

Mary no doubt would make a great coat hanger factory CEO, it's a shame she was handed the keys to one of the most iconic american automotive brands and is turning it into an appliance factory it seems like.

I agree. GM usually was on the cutting edge for style and performance. At least they didn’t lag behind when the weren’t. I’ve owned some big engine basic rides the GM had over the years. Besides some of the Impalas I’ve owned. The trailblazer SS was my all time favorite. Basically a corvette SUV at a reasonable price. Ford and Ram will give you a V-8 in a single cab. GM treats the 6.2 like it’s the holy grail. It’s not. There are dealers that will build sport trucks. But you have to buy a package driving up the cost. Probably a lost art anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with @KARNUT and @Descartian 

I loved my 06 Trailblazer SS. It was unique, fast, could corner very well for an SUV, carry 5 people, and tow my boat. It was a complete package. I on the other hand are in need of a crew cab sport truck because of the size of my family. GM has completely abandoned the sport/high performance market when it comes to their Trucks and SUVs. It’s a shame because I thought the SS truck started out pretty good. The 06-09 Impala SS was a true sleeper sedan, and the Trailblazer SS was an all time favorite of mine. And I might get ridiculed for this but the Cobalt SS with its turbo 4 cylinder was no slouch either.  Just not my cup of tea. 
I also think the new blazer (which I drove in RS trim) does very well and GM is crazy for not putting a 5.3L in that or a twin turbo 3.6L for SS trim. It’s a real shame and it really upsets me

Btw. I talked to a good friend who is a salesman today and stated just wait for the Hummer. It can go 0-60 in 3 secs. That’s fine and dandy but here in the Midwest we don’t have the electric charging stations anywhere around here in Iowa. It’s not feasible for us to have something like that.  Plus, I’d rather have a good old fashioned V8 supercharged with a nice exhaust tone. 

• Like 1

Here is a pic of my SS. I had running boards on it for winter to keep down on the road debris and rock chips. They were notorious for rock chips. Had the TSB rock chip repair done on it once. I miss this thing!

DA2E3E6B-4C1C-47CA-BD5D-23D058E822F4.jpeg

DF40E44C-24DD-4CDA-99FB-21BF655E4E75.jpeg

• Like 2

A Colorado Extreme with a twin turbo V6 would make more sense than a V8. The first green Colorado chassis was not meant to have a V8, so they had to notch it in order to cram the 5.3 under the hood. Assume the same with the current generation.

About a year ago The Fast Lane truck asked a GM senior executive about the possibility of a Raptor fighter. The only words out of the executive's mouth was, "The Raptor is dead." Furthermore, Chevy has been testing a Silverado in Nevada at an offroad racing event called Mint 400. The test mules have supercharged 6.2 V8s and larger multimatic socks on it like the Colorado ZR2 has. Is love to know which supercharged V8 is under the hood. Could it be pumping 750+bhp? It was allegedly going to debut in 2021, but COVID pushed it back to 2022. GM has event it needs on the shelf to do this. They just need to do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

With all this electronic talk of late, I told the wife we’re buying the supercharged V8 within the next year or two. It most likely will be a ZL1 because the price is great but I’ll be entertaining the Hellcats, the Shelby GT500, and now the Cadillac. 

image.png.bfe1212b2df4a8bdfa669c2fab601437.png

This is my 07 awd Trailblazer SS with an "intake and tune only" maybe on the way to a 13.08 pass.

image.png.c5edd32a33e8265811723f899569c08a.png

This is my 06 Impala SS, with just a tune (and the front headlight out) it ran 14.0.  I didn't like that car that much, only had it a little over a year.  

• Like 1

When I bought my 06 trailblazer SS I was doing sales and training. I still had my 04 Z-71. In the garage was our 94 Impala SS and the Acura intagra type R. My wife was driving her recently purchased Elantra. My son was driving our 94 Z-28. Having the trailblazer for my work vehicle I felt the I was in car heaven. Driving 50-60K miles a year I was never happier with my long distance driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

image.png.bfe1212b2df4a8bdfa669c2fab601437.png

This is my 07 awd Trailblazer SS with an "intake and tune only" maybe on the way to a 13.08 pass.

image.png.c5edd32a33e8265811723f899569c08a.png

This is my 06 Impala SS, with just a tune (and the front headlight out) it ran 14.0.  I didn't like that car that much, only had it a little over a year.  

My best friend who owns his tint business bought his son a 2007 silver SS impala and has it tuned, CAI, and rebuilt beefed up tranny and that thing runs hard. He loves it. May I ask what you didn’t like about yours???

btw.  Love the white SS trailblazer 

12 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

My best friend who owns his tint business bought his son a 2007 silver SS impala and has it tuned, CAI, and rebuilt beefed up tranny and that thing runs hard. He loves it. May I ask what you didn’t like about yours???

btw.  Love the white SS trailblazer 

I had just had my second child.  Rear facing car seats didn't fit well, front wheel drive was a challenge launching.  I realized I just don't like front wheel drive cars much.  Then as the Trailblazer SS's came out I really wanted one of those, the car seats fit and I saw how well they ran, so I offed the loaded with leather Impala SS and got a cloth 1SS Trailblazer.  The Trailblazer SS will go down as one of my favorite cars.

• Thanks 1