21 Sierra or Silverado

1 hour ago, Transient said:

Trail Boss LT is only available as a 2LT. The difference between a 2LT and 1LT has always been features. The 2LT has more of them. If you look at Chevy's website you'll notice the Trail Boss LT is sandwiched between LT and LTZ. The starting prices reflect that, too.

Correct.  RST and LT Trail Boss are the closest relatives vs. the 1LT trim.  LT Trail Boss gets a couple things standard though that are options on RST like the front buckets but both can get Convenience II with Bose (1LT can't get Bose or buckets at all).  Midnight Edition is on LT TB but not on RST, but RST gets Redline and Rally.

Thanks I drove a LT TB tonight. 5.3 10spd.  IT really worked well but i felt something - almost reminded me of shudder.  This could simply be the tires perhaps.  It seemed to happen when i was into the gas pretty good.  Any thoughts?

8 minutes ago, yzinger said:

Thanks I drove a LT TB tonight. 5.3 10spd.  IT really worked well but i felt something - almost reminded me of shudder.  This could simply be the tires perhaps.  It seemed to happen when i was into the gas pretty good.  Any thoughts?

Was it in 4WD Auto when you drove it? If you mash on the gas in 4A, it will feel a little like something is shuddering or that there’s some friction somewhere. 

The shudder could be the fuel management system. I know some people have mentioned feeling a "hesitation" in the accelerator.

I dont know how to explain it.  Funny though initially the trucks was in auto - does it limit speed?

I did take it out of auto and in 2wd it seemed funny sometimes.  I guess one thing to remember is that because its brand new I could always take it in to shop if something was wrong but just concerned me as I didnt recall it in the GM one i drove (but recall it was street type tires etc..)

Also, others have said the Trail Boss provides a ton more vaule compared to x31 Elevation.   Can you expand on that or rather tell me what the added value is? Do you simply mean the lift?

Also, others have said the Trail Boss provides a ton more vaule compared to x31 Elevation.   Can you expand on that or rather tell me what the added value is? Do you simply mean the lift?
GMC has about a 10% markup. Compare equally equipped trucks and you'll pay more for the GMC. When I was comparing the Trail Boss LT to AT4 the difference was about $6,000, but not $6,000 in equipment.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just now, yzinger said:

ok i see as far as TB to AT4.  When people say the GMCs are more refined - how could that be - they are basically same drivetrain huh

Compare the options and see for yourself. The TB to AT4 comparison is no apples-to-apples at all. A base AT4 still has a few more features than a loaded LT TB does. Namely, ventilated seats, seat memory, folding power mirrors, etc. 

There's no price increase just for putting GMC on the front/back of the same exactly spec'd truck. Try it for yourself. The best comparisons are the LTZ and SLT. The base SLT starts at $52K and the base LTZ at $54K (both with the 5.3L/8spd). The differences in them are very minimal. 

• Like 1

yeah thats sort of my point. Maybe interiors can be more refined (in fact i think gms have more soft touch) but from a 5.3 and 10spd they are identical in every way huh.

I am going to try to move forward today on the TB.

Every GM vehicle I have owned. The GMCs have always been quieter, rode better, and drove better. They are just a bit more refined. 
Case in point my  MSRP $67k 2019 high country isn’t as quiet or doesn’t ride nearly as well as my stepdads $56k 2020 Sierra SLT. 
I love my truck but the next one will be a GMC unless Chevy makes an SS model again 🤞🤞only for Silverado’s 

48 minutes ago, yzinger said:

hahahah @ TNT. I don't disagree but what could possibly make it that way?

For one. They make it quieter by putting more sound deadening materials in GMCs. 
I was told when I bought my then new 2015 terrain that it had over 100 lbs of extra sound deadening materials. My grandfather had a 2014 equinox. My terrain was way quieter than his equinox. I also had a 2015 Acadia and my mother had a 2014 Traverse. We both couldn’t believe how much quieter the Acadia was. 
And now I have the High Country and they have the Sierra and it’s just quieter. 
I also owned 3 K2 GMC Sierras while my neighbor had 2 K2 Silverado’s. And again my Sierras were quieter. His 2015 High Country was very close to my 2018 SLT but his 2014 LTZ wasn’t even a contender   
You are free to believe what you want but go drive each of them back to back on same road and same day. Same conditions and you too will see the GMC is quieter. 

ok fair enough.  I am not against GM in fact I am fan.  It comes down to this - for the same money:

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation with x31

or

2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss with z71

..this is what I have to decide on. 

Compare the options and see for yourself. The TB to AT4 comparison is no apples-to-apples at all. A base AT4 still has a few more features than a loaded LT TB does. Namely, ventilated seats, seat memory, folding power mirrors, etc. 

There's no price increase just for putting GMC on the front/back of the same exactly spec'd truck. Try it for yourself. The best comparisons are the LTZ and SLT. The base SLT starts at $52K and the base LTZ at $54K (both with the 5.3L/8spd). The differences in them are very minimal. 

Yep, AT4 gets the ventilated seats, factory navigation, memory seats, power folding mirrors, wireless phone charging, etc. Those are all things a fully loaded Trail Boss LT don't get, and the reason why an AT4 costs 10% more. It's like statistics; it depends on how you look at the data. And, I don't believe those differences are worth $6k more. I've already spent $650 adding factory navigation, and received a quote to upgrade to wireless phone charging. That's only $250. That would mean GM is saying power folding mirrors, memory seats, and ventilated seats are worth an additional $5,100.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk