21 Sierra or Silverado

4 hours ago, yzinger said:

ok fair enough.  I am not against GM in fact I am fan.  It comes down to this - for the same money:

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation with x31

or

2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss with z71

..this is what I have to decide on. 

I would pick the Trailboss for sure over an Elevation, but if it were a AT4. It’s a no brainer for the AT4. Also I do think (in my opinion) the Trailboss looks a little more aggressive/sinister  looking than the Elevation or AT4. 

I would still go drive both to see which drives better. You’d be surprised how differently they can drive. 
Good luck with your decision. Realistically idk if you could go wrong. 

love your thinking Transient. However, looks like I am going to end up with a 2021 Elevation x31 in Satin Steel Metallic.  5.3 10spd. I was sooo close to the TB but honestly to me it just isn't the right truck.  I think fairly early I will dislike that aggressive of a tire and lift.  Never mind that after all this hoopla Chevy didn`t level the damn thing.  Still has a rake even as a lifted truck. 

They aren’t going to make a factory truck level because it’s still designed to be used as a truck. If mine was leveled, it would look like a dog dragging it’s ass across a carpet any time I have my trailer hooked up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

New to the form long time reader. Thanks for the add. 

I came from 2016 sierra denali 6.2/ 8 speed.  Now in a 2021 HC 3.0 diesel. I liked looks of gmc on previous gen but I was drawn to silverado for couple reasons.  

1. I could get optioned up without the active ride control.  (Experience with magnaride not good) I ruled out denali because it is standard 

2. Looks silverado just Looks sleeker. I like the more rounded wheel wells. 

I diched the badges and soon will be removing running boards (replacing with rough country xtend electric) 

Next I need to figure out lift.  Looking for mild lift level. Looking 2- 3.5in front  

1-2 in rear . Slight rake no more than 1/2 in. Any suggestions.  Also shock suggestions.  Don't think these Ranchos will last long . Feel little to floaty 

20210314_162139.jpg

20210305_121413.jpg

20210210_183426.jpg

Edited by Cash 247

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

They aren’t going to make a factory truck level because it’s still designed to be used as a truck. If mine was leveled, it would look like a dog dragging it’s ass across a carpet any time I have my trailer hooked up.

I am hoping to add airlift 5000 to fix that problem. 

love your thinking Transient. However, looks like I am going to end up with a 2021 Elevation x31 in Satin Steel Metallic.  5.3 10spd. I was sooo close to the TB but honestly to me it just isn't the right truck.  I think fairly early I will dislike that aggressive of a tire and lift.  Never mind that after all this hoopla Chevy didn`t level the damn thing.  Still has a rake even as a lifted truck. 

I'm biased, but it's your decision to make, not mine. Go with whatever makes you happy. The 10-speed is a great choice. I love it. Because you are getting the 10-speed i suspect the 5.3 will have DFM instead of AFM. I think that is a better selection. Good luck with your truck buying endeavor, and congratulations.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I couldn’t agree with you more. When I see lifted trucks with something in the bed that is heavy or pulling “anything”. The @$$ is squatting down and front end is pointing to the sun. It looks absolutely ridiculous to me. Just another reason why I don’t even level my high country. I like the low profile front end rising ever so subtle to the back. Then when the boat is hooked up. It all levels out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yzinger said:

Did you drive both of them back to back?  Could you tell a difference between the 2??  
If you get the GMC. Congrats. You’ll love the 10 spd. It’s fantastic 

If both were priced the same, I'd go for the GMC Sierra since it still has four unlock buttons outside the doors while Silverado had it in the 2019 (like mine), but took out the buttons for the two rear doors for 2020 and after.

Thanks all for comments.  Update today I am going to look at one I have been waiting on...it was delayed as it had transit damage on front bumper they had to fix before or for PDI.

21 Sierra Elevation X31 - 5.3 and the 10spd.  This is likely going to be the one folks.  I am trying to make a list of stuff I should check out but then i laugh at myself and say "it isnt used"...but i will still go underneath for a look, exterior etc...what can you add folks?

Since you're looking under the truck, might as well take a look at the roof too. Gotta make sure it's all there. Don't need the dealership scanning you out of part of your truck.

Seriously though, if it has a rear sliding window be very attentive and look for leaks on the inside.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 3/16/2021 at 7:45 PM, econometrics said:

Was it in 4WD Auto when you drove it? If you mash on the gas in 4A, it will feel a little like something is shuddering or that there’s some friction somewhere. 

Funny. One time I had a vibration when mashing the gas. After about a week my buddy and I went through everything dumbfounded. I was really down thinking it was a major problem. As I left his house after troubleshooting I made it a couple hundred yards down the road and noticed "IT". Yup, damn thing was in auto 4. Turned it off and problem was GONE. These trucks are still not idiot proof.......😎

• Like 1

truck finally arrived from other dealer. Shows well of course and is full warranty. No carfax or anything for the dumb transit damage. Apparently transit damage happens fairly often :)

Boys, I think i want this one - final hurdle is me thinking my trade is worth more.  I am making sure my heart is not making me feel this way but comparable ads make me think my 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs full load in Inferno Orange with 6spd is worth more than 18k trade in.  18k CAD trade in is about 14,300USD.   Now, I do save some on tax also, its like i brought them 20,700 CAD cash. 

What is your thoughts?