Disable seat belt chime/reminder?

Apologies if this has been asked, but I didnt find it in the search - How can I disable the seat belt reminder?

On my F150 I was able to enable the accessory via the key, click it something like 8x, then turn the accessory off/back on, and it was disabled.

Does Chevy offer a way to disable the chime? Before anyone thinks the worst of me, I wear my seatbelt all the time, however, sometimes I have heavy items in the passenger seat that sets it off.

Thanks!

I’m not aware of any software method to defeat it like the F150 or Ram can. Definitely annoying for those on a jobsite or just bumming around on their property. Seatbelt extender will work though.

I know what your talking about on the Ford. I turned my dad's chime off that way. Unfortunately there is not a way to do that on a GM that I have seen. You could purchase a seatbelt clip from a junkyard or they sell them online. It's a dummy that goes in the latch so the system thinks it's secured.

4 hours ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

I know what your talking about on the Ford. I turned my dad's chime off that way. Unfortunately there is not a way to do that on a GM that I have seen. You could purchase a seatbelt clip from a junkyard or they sell them online. It's a dummy that goes in the latch so the system thinks it's secured.

GM will give you 2 seat belt extenders for free from the parts dept. You then cut the webbing off and a person will be left with a handy plug for the female side of the vehicle.20210705_075429.thumb.jpg.f9cc04f0d541de046052e986fa8fc415.jpg

Have not tried it yet but found this. Hope it helps.

"To turn off the seat belt chime on the 2019 Chevy Silverado You will need to get into the car and shut the doors. Put the car in park, and then set the emergency brake. Now turn the key to the on position and let it sit for about a minute. After the chime stops You will want to buckle and then unbuckle the seat belt three times. Now turn the car off and then turn it back on. If the chime begins beeping then You did not do it quick enough. If the chime does not beep then You have disabled it. To turn it back on You will want to do the same thing again."

Edited by Eagles1539

1 hour ago, Eagles1539 said:

Have not tried it yet but found this. Hope it helps.

"To turn off the seat belt chime on the 2019 Chevy Silverado You will need to get into the car and shut the doors. Put the car in park, and then set the emergency brake. Now turn the key to the on position and let it sit for about a minute. After the chime stops You will want to buckle and then unbuckle the seat belt three times. Now turn the car off and then turn it back on. If the chime begins beeping then You did not do it quick enough. If the chime does not beep then You have disabled it. To turn it back on You will want to do the same thing again."

This sounds exactly like the ford instructions :)

Also, how do we "turn the key to the on position"?

2 hours ago, Eagles1539 said:

The cylinder and housing look the same as previous model years with the same four traditional cylinder positions (Lock/Off, Accessory, On/Run, Start)

My truck and I'm sure the OPs truck has push button start. So no key to turn to the ON position.

Sorry I'm keyed. Found this but again not sure myself.

ACC/ACCESSORY (Amber Indicator Light) : This mode allows some electrical accessories to be used when the engine is off. With the ignition off, pressing the ENGINE START/STOP button one time without the brake pedal applied will place the ignition system in ACC/ACCESSORY. The ignition will switch from ACC/ ACCESSORY to off after five minutes to prevent battery rundown.

Service Mode This power mode is available for service and diagnostics, and to verify the proper operation of the malfunction indicator lamp as may be required for emission inspection purposes. With the vehicle off, and the brake pedal not applied, pressing and holding the ENGINE START/STOP button for more than five seconds will place the vehicle in Service Mode. The instruments and audio systems will operate as they do when the ignition is on, but the vehicle will not be able to be driven. The engine will not start in Service Mode. Press the ENGINE START/ STOP button again to turn the ignition off.

I'm going to have to give it a try, has anyone else found it to work? I'm a religious seat belt user, but like many am really annoyed by the reminder chime on the occasion I'm just moving the vehicle around on the driveway for washing or maintenance or on the trip from the mailbox to the garage etc. I understand why GM does this, but on older vehicles I've disabled the chime and never missed it. for some reason my seat belt never fails to be buckled even with the chime gone. it used to be you could just unplug the sensor, but now that triggers other errors. for one thing many if not all new cars adjust how airbags deploy depending on whether or not the seat occupant is buckled. just disconnecting it is no longer a safe option.