Silverado 2014-2019 Low Oil Pressure

I have a 2017 Silverado 5.3L. Used to stay around 40 pounds of oil. Now when idling, is goes down to 20-25 ish pounds. It’s not throwing any codes up but does have a bit of a knock if I floor it without letting the pressure build back up first. Cold start it’s just below 40 pounds but at operating temps (210) it drops like crazy. It’s not oil quality or level, I just changed it last week and it was good for half a day and went back down. 

• 2 months later...

My brand new 2.7L L3 has a variable geometry pump that Cameron will know about more than I do so far. 

But it has 3200 miles on it now. 

I changed oil at 592 miles with Quaker State full syn 5w30 and the oil pressure on cold start -27F to say 50F runs slightly above 60 PSI on analog display gauge as soon as coolant temp goes above 160F  ( which is in seconds) it will drop to 30 PSI. 

I got my free GM oil change yesterday ( Mobil1 5w30 DEXOS1 GEN 2 bulk oil was offered and I took it over ACDELCO stuff)  and it was literally -25 or so in Alamosa CO so after oil change it sat outside for about 30-40 minutes. 

On start it was 30 PSI. Within a minute or less it was half that. Maybe 15 PSI , gauge not that great nor are my eyes anymore. 

It never budged from roughly 15 PSI warm no matter what. 

Pressure is not as critical as flow as long as film thickness is separating moving parts. Pressure is a measure of restriction, not health or protection. 

HIGH volume is what you want and lowest possible pressure to function.