Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

Eh, I don't know. Oil just shot up over $3 a barrel because people "question" that something may happen. No actual facts or data to prove that it will happen but just a thought is what caused a spike in prices in maybe 30min time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, customboss said:

Good news that will counter fuel price rise for taxpayers. 

Today's CBO report projects
that the deficit this year will
fall by $1.7 trillion-
the single
largest nominal reduction in
the federal deficit in
American history.

As a real fiscal conservative I’m wondering why aren’t we hearing this? 
Maybe Brandon ain’t so bad in reality? 
https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/briefing-room/2022/05/25/statement-from-omb-director-shalanda-young-on-congressional-budget-office-report-projecting-historic-deficit-reduction/

Conservatives and Joe Manchin are to thank for this, not the White House. Brandon supported ramming through 3 trillion more in stimulus. If he got his wish, goodbye deficit reduction.

Applauding this is like thanking an arsonist who ran out of gas before he could burn my house down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brandon says we are in a period of transition away from fossil fuels.  They don't want the price of gasoline to come down, it goes against their master plan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Brandon says we are in a period of transition away from fossil fuels.  They don't want the price of gasoline to come down, it goes against their master plan. 

100% agree there loving the high prices, also they don't pay for gas we do through our taxes.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, customboss said:

Good news that will counter fuel price rise for taxpayers. 

Today's CBO report projects
that the deficit this year will
fall by $1.7 trillion-
the single
largest nominal reduction in
the federal deficit in
American history.

As a real fiscal conservative I’m wondering why aren’t we hearing this? 
Maybe Brandon ain’t so bad in reality? 
https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/briefing-room/2022/05/25/statement-from-omb-director-shalanda-young-on-congressional-budget-office-report-projecting-historic-deficit-reduction/

Lies and the stretching of truth, usual for this group. Here is the actual true outlook for this country moving forward and boy does it not look good at all.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released its Budget and Economic Outlook today. CBO projects high rates of inflation will bring the national debt to a low of 96 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2023 before rising to a record 110 percent of GDP by 2032. CBO projects the deficit will total $1 trillion in 2022 and nearly $16 trillion over the subsequent decade under current law, while CPI inflation will be 4.7 percent in 2022 and 2.7 percent in 2023. Unpaid-for extensions of expiring legislation, spending increases, or tax cuts would make the fiscal outlook even worse. The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget will publish our preliminary analysis here and provide further analysis later in the day.

https://www.crfb.org/press-releases/cbo-projects-record-debt-after-short-reprieve

4 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Conservatives and Joe Manchin are to thank for this, not the White House. Brandon supported ramming through 3 trillion more in stimulus. If he got his wish, goodbye deficit reduction.

Applauding this is like thanking an arsonist who ran out of gas before he could burn my house down.

You made my point. It’s not the president that makes any meaningful  effect. 
Congress does. 
The Brandon comment is for the OP changing his handle to FJB =F JOE BIDEN. 

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

Lies and the stretching of truth, usual for this group. Here is the actual true outlook for this country moving forward and boy does it not look good at all.

https://www.crfb.org/press-releases/cbo-projects-record-debt-after-short-reprieve

Ah ok Bro. Deficit and Debt two different things. 
The ignorant neo populist facist views that are accepted now online via misinfo are powerful brainwashing. 
What ruined real honest conservatism. 

39 minutes ago, customboss said:

You made my point. It’s not the president that makes any meaningful  effect. 
Congress does. 
The Brandon comment is for the OP changing his handle to FJB =F JOE BIDEN. 

His executive order pen, and his senate tie breaking sidekick has had plenty of negative meaningful effects. 

Just love that. Trump was apparently responsible for every single Covid death, but innocent addled JB isn’t responsible for anything? Not the war breaking out, not the gas prices, not inflation. Not even the much higher number of Covid deaths. Nothing. 

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Just love that. Trump was apparently responsible for every single Covid death, but innocent addled JB isn’t responsible for anything? Not the war breaking out, not the gas prices, not inflation. Not even the much higher number of Covid deaths. Nothing. 

Equivocate much?

Which one has tried to overtly overthrow the constitution and stop the electoral certification on Jan 6? 

Here's the deal, I am conservative but know a wanker of a fraud that wanted to be re-elected AT ANY COST, when I see one. 

If you believe that the election fraud lie after 62 law suits and each states AG certified that the studdering Brandon one won, well you are thick. And a minority. 

The lies need to stop and party or ideology be damned when it causes our country to nearly be thrown into a constitutional crisis.  

Try informing ourselves to truth not BS.  Unless we collectively  want an authoritarian US. 

I fought for THE US constitution, no man, no BS, no party. 

Congress is responsible for not holding Presidents accountable and the Executive is not over arching vs Legislative and Judicial branches.  No matter what we might believe and hear on miss-information driven media. 

Why mention all this in a gas prices thread, because the believers in the BIG LIE keep slipping in your missinfo every chance you get, so here's a different idea. TRUTH. 

• Like 2

It’s obvious some summer vacations will be effective by gas prices. It came to mind the camper industry. Just a couple years ago they were booming with the Covid outbreak. I visited a few myself. There’s a few camper sales lots around me. They have  expanded and are full. The future is looking bleak for them no doubt.

Been stuck around $4.49 regular. Sam’s is only 10 cents less. Not going to be worth the trip down there this week, so I topped up to full from 3/4 tank with 87 E10. This brings my octane down to 91 which is the minimum required. If the station had 88 E15 I could have saved more, both in cost per gallon, and the ability to dilute a little bit more than 3:1.