Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

If you say greed is nothing new, then how can it be to blame for our current situation? These corporations have always had a profit motive (“greed”), and yet up until last year, prices remained reasonable. Why is that?

Because inflation is not greed. Supply constraints are not greed. Both are intertwined, and both are the result of bad policy. Self inflicted wounds. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I realize most people on here are more effluent. Especially the ones who don’t seem to mind high gas and truck prices. I can see a collapse of large frame vehicle buying among the general public. My brother in law a mid six figure earner. His wife is a nurse. Both truck driving people. I’ve never seen him in anything but a truck he’s a large person. His fuel bill has gotten so large it’s cutting into other essential items. He’s looking at midsize front drive vehicles. Its not over. Just heard off shore permits are about to expire. Usually a transition to new leases are seamless. There’re slow walking the process. They want you in electric vehicles. 

I got the reaction I expected, from the people I expected it from. Enough said.

18 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I got the reaction I expected, from the people I expected it from. Enough said.

Well, when the posts teasing you about proper word form are full of emojis and grammatical errors, what can you say?

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Well, when the posts teasing you about proper word form are full of emojis and grammatical errors, what can you say?

I must admit. I was using it as full of. When actually it’s the releasing of. It still flows well into the next sentence. 💩

• Like 1

It’s all by design and a necessary transition as said by Joe two days ago. And no one walked it back, usually the case when he blunders. Now there’re talking additional shortages. It isn’t over by a long shot. As for prices around here 4$ is the new normal.

Went to town yesterday for lunch with friends. Stopped on the way home to fill the car and a gas can for the ATV. Gas went up 15 cents a gallon while we were eating to $4.50 a gallon.

my truck is going  in storage since fuel is so high, I will be picking up a Honda ST1100 from the police auction, i heard they get great mpg and are a comfortable commuting vehicle

what are you guys planning to jump into for a daily fuel sipper?

Edited by pokismoki