Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

3 minutes ago, pokismoki said:

my truck is going  in storage since fuel is so high, I will be picking up a Honda ST1100 from the police auction, i heard they get great mpg and are a comfortable commuting vehicle

what are you guys planning to jump into for a daily fuel sipper?

My mother in law quit driving and gave her CRV to us as my wife runs her errands. I always consider Honda’s noisy never considered one. It’s not bad and I can get 30mpg even in town. The truck is down to once a week. 

Yeah like I've said previously I'm not very smert.  Then again financially it's not a great idea for me to buy a car when Fatty is paid off.  Then again if I get something small enough the stealership would be paying me.

I drive a 2003 Malibu to a bum around in now, it's a nice beater car only 90,000 miles and lots of body damage lol.

The truck sits even though E85 is still $2.79 a gallon for it.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, OnTheReel said:

If you say greed is nothing new, then how can it be to blame for our current situation? These corporations have always had a profit motive (“greed”), and yet up until last year, prices remained reasonable. Why is that?

Because inflation is not greed. Supply constraints are not greed. Both are intertwined, and both are the result of bad policy. Self inflicted wounds. 

Because 60% of current inflation is driven by oligopolies and monopolies raising prices because they can.   So 60% of US inflation is greed driven across industries.  Look at baby formula issue, that had 3 -4 major players controlling 95% of the business. One gets shut down because of unsafe product and boom we are in a crisis.  The" just in time" supply line and days of a few major players controlling an industry would not be taking place if both US political parties did what we did in late 1800's and early 1900's by busting up the monopolies so they have to COMPETE in a balanced MARKET. 

Gas prices here dropping a few cents.  I paid 4.08/gal for Maverik E15 which up here is 87 octane but the L3B seems to like it.  Like that option when 85 octane regular is $4.16 yesterday.  

For all the talk about the L3B 2.7L Turbo its a fuel sipper in a full size truck with factory lift.  

No wind, driven right you can get 26+ mpg avg on hwy @60 -65 mph. 

Being in boost towing or hauling a heavy load it might be 11 mpg per one of our fellas posting on the 2.7 thread.  I don't tow so its not player. 

Edited by customboss
add mpg

11 minutes ago, customboss said:

Because 60% of current inflation is driven by oligopolies and monopolies raising prices because they can.   So 60% of US inflation is greed driven across industries.  Look at baby formula issue, that had 3 -4 major players controlling 95% of the business. One gets shut down because of unsafe product and boom we are in a crisis.  The" just in time" supply line and days of a few major players controlling an industry would not be taking place if both US political parties did what we did in late 1800's and early 1900's by busting up the monopolies so they have to COMPETE in a balanced MARKET. 

Here we go with your misunderstanding of the free market amusing as it is. I’m only replying for clarification. There wasn’t a problem found with the formula at the plant. The shortage is the slow response in our government agency in giving clearance to reopen. Even with early warning the shortage was coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pokismoki said:

my truck is going  in storage since fuel is so high, I will be picking up a Honda ST1100 from the police auction, i heard they get great mpg and are a comfortable commuting vehicle

what are you guys planning to jump into for a daily fuel sipper?

After I put headers on my Impala that will probably take over daily duties for the most part. It gets the same mileage but runs regular.

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Here we go with your misunderstanding of the free market amusing as it is. I’m only replying for clarification. There wasn’t a problem found with the formula at the plant. The shortage is the slow response in our government agency in giving clearance to reopen. Even with early warning the shortage was coming.

The shortages are because of democrats intentional sabotage of american energy production! Biden admitted this yesterday with his comments about how incredible this is to him and his party of idiots!

When it comes to gas prices, we're going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it's over, we'll be stronger, and the world will be stronger and less reliant on Fossil Fuels when this is over

What he doesnt understand and the rest of his cracker jack box party of morons, is he is torpedoing this economy and the lives of hundreds of millions of people in the process. I shake my head at anyone dumb enough to still support this moron, him and his entire worthless political party are killing this country right now! Wait till the coming diesel fuel shortage hits, if you think grocery store prices and availability is bad now lol....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

The shortages are because of democrats intentional sabotage of american energy production! Biden admitted this yesterday with his comments about how incredible this is to him and his party of idiots!

What he doesnt understand and the rest of his cracker jack box party of morons, is he is torpedoing this economy and the lives of hundreds of millions of people in the process. I shake my head at anyone dumb enough to still support this moron, him and his entire worthless political party are killing this country right now! Wait till the coming diesel fuel shortage hits, if you think grocery store prices and availability is bad now lol....

I am on a watch list I cant say anything about BRENDON .... you are 100% correct  ,, party of idiots,, is understatement

Edited by FJB

I'm not looking at buying anything. The upfront cost(price, taxes, insurance) of another type of transportation will be used to buy gas for what I have. 

• Like 2

My 500 Enfield gets 92 mpg and the Sporty 60 mpg and Glide 50 mpg. Wife's Vespa near 100 mpg. It's how I got through the embargo during the 70's. But currently just cutting back on the driving is working. I don't need to drive 30K miles a year. I just like to. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pokismoki said:

how will the headers improve MPG? lol

It won't improve MPG but the Impala is out right now with an exhaust leak that is incredibly bad. So I decided headers and a tune were in order. I may see a mile better though with the tune. Just depends if I can keep my foot out of it :)

Good news that will counter fuel price rise for taxpayers. 

Today's CBO report projects
that the deficit this year will
fall by $1.7 trillion-
the single
largest nominal reduction in
the federal deficit in
American history.

As a real fiscal conservative I’m wondering why aren’t we hearing this? 
Maybe Brandon ain’t so bad in reality? 
https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/briefing-room/2022/05/25/statement-from-omb-director-shalanda-young-on-congressional-budget-office-report-projecting-historic-deficit-reduction/