Brand new refreshed 2022 issue

No section for 2022 so posting here.

bought this new refreshed LT and look at the picture it already has a light out, I know lights do go out but for a $60K truck with 450 miles/2 weeks old it ruins the experience.

2BD48B42-1753-4E26-8196-8CE4BD6F7D86.jpeg

Ugh. Ya that does suck!!  I agree for the price the truck should be flawless for at least a year.  Hopefully the dealership can replace it real quick without you driving around looking like a pirate!  

1 hour ago, KVelec4326 said:

Does your blinker still work since they are now switch back leds

it did not work while this was out. weird thing is it started working again on its own this morning.

glitch? perhaps a loose connection or led going out. we'll see how it acts.

Unfortunately as the early adopter, you're first in line for all types of weird stuff. My "all new" 19 was in the shop a dozen times. With any luck it's just a software glitch and an update will come out eventually. Don't let it ruin your new truck buzz, nothing is ever perfect.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 11:26 PM, Nestor Romero said:

bought this new refreshed LT and look at the picture it already has a light out, I know lights do go out but for a $60K truck with 450 miles/2 weeks old it ruins the experience.

That is a bummer for sure but unfortunately happens.  Hopefully they can remedy quickly.  I don't think anyone would be happy with that happening on a new vehicle regardless of the selling price.

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2022 at 9:41 AM, Nestor Romero said:

it did not work while this was out. weird thing is it started working again on its own this morning.

glitch? perhaps a loose connection or led going out. we'll see how it acts.

What was the outcome of the issue? Did you get it fixed?

When and if this happens outside of warranty a light replacement isn't a simple and cheap fix anymore.  On my 19 I had a small fender bender that resulted in the passenger's side headlight housing being cracked down near the parklight/turn signal (those were not led on the 19's)  However the entire unit that contained the headlight, drl and park light had to be replaced to the tune of abour $1300.  Gone are the days when you could go down to the junkyard and find a replacement for chump change.  

BTW I haven't posted this yet, but I traded my Silverado in May and went to the dark side for the first time in 20+ years.  Now driving a new F150.  I bought Ford's extended warranty and paid an extra $100 for full light coverage, just because of my experience replacing the LED on my Chevy.  Stuff "ain't" cheap no more.....

On 5/18/2022 at 11:26 PM, Nestor Romero said:

You didn't spend enough, if you would have bought the 65k plus model this wouldn't have happened...

Not sure what the "price" has to do with problems. It is a mechanical vehicle assembled with thousands of parts by people and machines, stuff happens. People with Bentley's don't just magically have no issues because they paid 300k, they also have warranty claims. You bought a thoroughly worked over refreshed model, it may have bugs. 

Tyler

• Thanks 1