NNBS Headlight Projector Retrofiting

Parsonsjb88

Hi Everyone!

I am contemplating doing projector retrofitting on NNBS headlights. I am planning on ordering a few sets of the OEM style aftermarket headlights and a few sets of the Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini H1 4.0 Projector retrofit kits from theretrofitsource.com and doing retrofitting on them.

I am quite experienced when it comes to modifications of this sort and after reading a few DIY ideas on-line I am quite confident they will turn out amazing. I am doing a set of my own first and if they turn out well I am willing to start retrofitting and selling the headlights.

The costs involved are: $120 for the retrofit kit, approximately $150 a headlight, shipping, plus service charge. I was looking at a cost of around $650 to ship out a complete retrofit set and if people are willing to ship back their current headlights (assuming like new condition) I would be willing to do a $2-300 core charge refund policy. That would mean a complete set of headlights retrofitted (possibly even custom painting of the chrome inside and clearing of the ambers if interested) would cost you roughly $350-450 (depending on condition of received headlights).

This mod is highly sought after but many people aren't willing to take the risk cutting up their headlights based on their experience level. Once I have perfected the process I would be willing to start this service.

I am posting this mainly to see if any people are interested, if not I will just stick to doing it for family and friends.

Thanks a lot,

Jeremy Parsons

Do to the amount of work required anyway, I am going with a quad fx-r setup due to increased light and pattern output. Depo headlights can be had for about 225 to 250 shipped, and that gets you away from the perma seal pita. Got my quad setup for 500 and change in the taco world group buy. Just waiting on good weather and replacement headlights to arrive.

First of all thanks for responding everyone, looks like I'll have to get started on my set ASAP so I can post pics.

extremely interested if you can do something like this:

o.jpg

more here: http://www.hidplanet...sierra+retrofit

I would have to buy an extra set of projectors for $120 and install them in the highbeam light as well. Otherwise the chrome painted black and cleared is simple. Obviously the price would be greater due to the increased work. I would most likely just increase the price $150, which would cover the extra projectors and installation.

Also interested!! do you have any pictures of your work you can put up for reference?

I don't have much for pictures of headlight stuff but I have pictures of bodywork and paintjob on my last car. I cut out panels and welded in new ones and repaired all the rust on the body, removed the door guards and filled in the holes, filled in the antenna hole, removed spoiler and filled in the holes, complete sanding, prime, and paint. Then lowered and custom painted my rims. Also I made a wheel cap for those rims (might have a picture), used a vacuum bench to form a mould and cut it out and painted it black; no one could tell it was a DIY. I'll go through my pics and post some ASAP.

Can you do this for an '07 Avalanche? If so, I'm interested.

I'd have to take a look at those headlights and see what kind of modifications needs to be done but I can't see why not. Should be a fairly similar job.

Do to the amount of work required anyway, I am going with a quad fx-r setup due to increased light and pattern output. Depo headlights can be had for about 225 to 250 shipped, and that gets you away from the perma seal pita. Got my quad setup for 500 and change in the taco world group buy. Just waiting on good weather and replacement headlights to arrive.

Most people don't see the need for 4 projectors, I'll admit it looks really cool but overall 9 times out of 10 (even on the highway) you'll only use the low beam projectors on low. With a good set of HID's and a properly aligned low beam projector the light output and pattern is more than sufficient. However, like I said, they do look awesome with 4 projectors!

I'll place my order for the projectors and get mine retrofitted soon. I'll also take pics during the retrofitting process so you guys can see what I'll be doing and exactly what you'll be receiving :)

Thanks for everyone's interest!

Jeremy

I f your not going with quads, I would spend the extra 100 or whatever and go with a better projector. Better choice in bulbs and again, with the work and costs where there at, I want the best I can do with my budget. The mini's output is ok, heck I dont even mind my stock lighting, but I put on average 3-5K km a month on my truck in wilderness areas, so output is important.

I f your not going with quads, I would spend the extra 100 or whatever and go with a better projector. Better choice in bulbs and again, with the work and costs where there at, I want the best I can do with my budget. The mini's output is ok, heck I dont even mind my stock lighting, but I put on average 3-5K km a month on my truck in wilderness areas, so output is important.

I completely understand where you're coming from, however the Morimoto Mini's will still provide a vast improvement over stock with a single pair. The issue with going to a larger projector is fitting them in the reflectors. I could remove them similar to the one posted but personally I am trying to avoid that for my own. I was contemplating doing quad projectors and having all 4 on low for low beam and all 4 on high for beam. Still haven't fully decided. If I were to do the quad FX-R I think I would cut the shroud and reflector to fit but that is an extremely tedious process.

As for anyone who is interested in getting different setups I can obviously install different size projectors and even duplicate the work done in the link posted above. The only difference in price will be the additional cost of the projectors and some minor parts.

Good for you for offering this service! I just wish you were closer. How do you plan to aim them before sealing the housings up?

Thanks! And as much of a pain as it will be, I will most likely install them on my truck for the first few. Afterwards I may mock up a stand to mount them on, the rotation is the biggest concern with aligning them, as long as the height is within a certain range they can be adjusted using your factory height adjustment screws. When it comes to a mod such as the quad one it gets quite a bit more difficult to align.

I would be interested as well! I would just want my lows done with the best quality projectors possible and keep my highs stock. Ive been debating on even maybe mini projectors in the fogs, curious if that is even possible due to shape???

Archived