Newb Here, Need Some Advice.

Hey first off let me intoduce myself. I am Frank Snyder, I am 29 years old from San Dimas, California. And I got my first new truck a little over a month ago (Pic is in my Signature). I got a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado C1500 Crew Cab LT, 4.8L 16V Vortec V8. And I do not regret it what so ever.

Reason why i am here, is I need some advice. This thing is Bone stock, besides the sounds I have put into it. Other than that it's stock. It still has the factory stance, factory muffler, and intake.

I would like to know, with as much detail as possible what I need to do to get it to level out so it isn't slanted forward anymore, which exhaust you guys would recommend, and intake you would recommend. I think I'm going to keep the stock tires and rims for now...they don't look half bad. I am already going to replace the bowties with chrome version, and maybe get some Hyper Brite Bulbs for the headlights.

Anyway I am open to any suggestion, I have never modded any car before and I am willing to sit back and learn from some people with a bit more experience.

Thanks in advance for any tips, and any advice.

Thanks. I called the local truck shop today. They said 2" Leveling Kit, and Some Baus Shocks with labor to install out the doour little under $600.00

Does that sound like a good deal? Or should I got elsewhere?

Also, Love how I have 55 Views yet only 1 person seemed to answer....is the forum unfriendly to new people? Or just guys? LOL.

$600 is insane. The spacer lift is like at most $100 depending on brand and you don't need shocks.

For exhaust, I am very happy with my dB (Corsa) system. Loud when you get on it, quiet when driving normal.

Not a fan of intakes myself, you won't see much if any real gain. Usually you lose some down low but get more power up high. Noise is about the only gain. Same for the exhaust too really, the bolt on stuff doesn't do much for a modern truck, it's all eye/ear candy.

Welcome to the site and as for lack of responses, you'll get a better response by asking tech stuff in the fullsize forum.

• 3 weeks later...

You could also go the other direction, depending on future plans. The front coil spacer kit mentioned is a nice addition if you want to raise up the front to match the back, but if you want more of a street truck look you could get some shackles for the rear leaf springs instead, which would drop the back down about two inches. McGaughy's p/n 33037, about $70.00 - another newbie

Don't pay $600.00, that's nuts. Install the kit yourself and save a tone of money. Replacing the shocks is not necessary.

A good high quality stainless sttel ca-back is always a good choice. Corsa, Borla, MBRP are all great systems and you can do the install on your own with that also. A few wrenches and a can of PENN and your set, might not need it though since your truck is brand new. WD-40 works well when attempting to remove/install the exhaust hangers. (stay away from FlowMaster types, they are no good and have issues with rotting fro mthe inside out).

Archived