2014+ Suspension Lifts

So have decided on a 4" suspension lift on my 2016 Sierra 2wd, most will allow me to use factory 20" wheels with 295/60R20 tires.... Raally dont need more than that.... really want spindles, just gotta wait till someone makes the kit that fits the stamped steel arms,,,, I even talked to Socal trucks in California to see how they were doing new trucks. they are installing aluminum lower control arms with kits to make fit. Would like to keep as many stock parts as I can.

Edited by Catman5906

So a couple of months ago I put a 2" RC level with 285/65-20 K02's on my 2016 All Terrain. Well, it's left me wanting more. So i'm going 6" BDS with Fox shocks. The only problem is, I can only get the Fox shocks for the rear and not the front on the kit i'm looking at.

Or... I can go with the BDS kit with the full Fox coilover suspension. Its about 1500.00 more, but thats not really a problem. I guess my main question to anyone running the coilover set-up is, do you feel like it was worth the extra cash or is it a bit overkill? I mean I definitely plan to have some fun off-road but at the end of the day, it'll still be my DD.

Thoughts??? I just don't want to get the "base" kit and then regret it and wish I had gone with the coilover kit.

I have a 4" BDS coilover kit and it rocks. Awesome smooth ride. Definitely worth it, especially off road. The rear fox 2.0's are the weakest link cuz they make the back much stiffer than the front with the coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So have decided on a 4" suspension lift on my 2016 Sierra 2wd, most will allow me to use factory 20" wheels with 295/60R20 tires.... Raally dont need more than that.... really want spindles, just gotta wait till someone makes the kit that fits the stamped steel arms,,,, I even talked to Socal trucks in California to see how they were doing new trucks. they are installing aluminum lower control arms with kits to make fit. Would like to keep as many stock parts as I can.

Pretty sure BDS makes a 4" kit now that fits the stamped steel arms

Rides great! I had to put a tune on it because of the tire size... It kept kicking in my traction control in turns. But that was apparently just an issue with the first run of 2015 computers. My luck.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk

Well on the plus side now you have a tune and I'd imagine the spedo is recalibrated as well.

• Like 1

Been looking at lifts for a long while now. Had my truck for a year. 2015 gmc 1500 4x4 crew cab as soon as I got it I put the rough country 2.5" level/lift on it. And removed the front plastic valence. Left factory tires etc. couldn't stand not being able to get under it to change the oil. Well now tires have 30k ok them and are wearing pretty good. Want to go to 37x13.50r18 with an 18x12. Has anyone test fit a 37 on a rcx 7.5" lift?

I know most guys running wide wheels and 35s rub the plastic valence and the carpet liner. But not many go for 37s. I do lots of off-road driving as it is and somehow have managed not to rip my bumpers off though they do show lots of scrapes and scrubs but that what I got a truck for. Any help is appreciated. Also may consider running a 35x12.50r18 on same wheel if anyone has a 35 on 20x12. Search functions absolutely worthless on the mobile friendly version and full won't load..... Thanks guys.

its my understanding a 12" wheel will cause rubbing and require a 9" lift with 35's, could you squeeze 37's, maybe with some trimming. There are photos of 37's on 71/2's, wheel width, offset set how much rubbing you'll have

I have steel control arms on my 2015 and BDS 6" worked just fine for me.

Yeah me too the key word there was stamped steel

OK so there are 3 different arm on new 2016 1500 trucks....cast aluminum, cast steel and stamped steel.....I have stamped steel and so far everyone wants to change them to aluminum to install a lift.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

question,

im very happy with my truck the way it sits though i want to level the front with just a micro lift, like a half inch lower spacer.

would i still need alignment for that small of a mod?????

thanks

question,

im very happy with my truck the way it sits though i want to level the front with just a micro lift, like a half inch lower spacer.

would i still need alignment for that small of a mod?????

thanks

Yes

Any help is appreciated. Also may consider running a 35x12.50r18 on same wheel if anyone has a 35 on 20x12. Search functions absolutely worthless on the mobile friendly version and full won't load..... Thanks guys.

I've got 35 X 12.5R18 on mine. Stock rims. 2015 Silverado Crew Cab with RC 7.5" lift. No offset, no cutting... And no issues with rubbing or anything.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk

Just figured I'd toss up a pic following a complete detail to show her off. :)

Would love to take her off road for some fun but due to lack of time from work and kids sports she's just a pavement princess for now. lol

0642695D-D817-4F7F-B65B-13FC70F5FCDA_zps

• Like 2