2014+ Suspension Lifts

Well I have heard icon is pretty good, pretty pricey but all quality stuff is. I noticed you were considering a 4" lift and stock wheels. I opted for the BDS 4" kit with fox coilovers and I am super happy you can order the whole package from BDS. I'm also running factory wheels. The front track will increase slightly so expect that for pretty much any lift. Here's a pic so you can get an idea. If I can answer any questions hit me up.

22aa495c20bdb4ce29549ebd49cd3626.jpg785679bc554ca1f34287a61d6982b016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice setup you have there, I have just about the same truck. Mines just a double cab. I've heard a lot of good things about ICON. I did see the price was a bit higher than most but i would like the best bag for my buck. We all do.

• Like 2

My truck is going back to the dealer tomorrow for the blankity ,blank time. The ride on my 2.5' RC level is terrible as it bounces down the freeway and I have never experienced such a crappy ride (bounces) while towing the boat. ...........oh yea, and sunroof leaks AGAIN. Money aside what is the best riding 2.5" level kit/suspension/shocks you can install on these trucks. At this point I want this baby to ride like a Caddy and expecting the dealer to get it there after all the BS ive gone thru with this truck. Terrible Experience with GMC

Thanks for any suggestions

Edited by mmwest

My truck is going back to the dealer tomorrow for the blankity ,blank time. The ride on my 2.5' RC level is terrible as it bounces down the freeway and I have never experienced such a crappy ride (bounces) while towing the boat. ...........oh yea, and sunroof leaks AGAIN. Money aside what is the best riding 2.5" level kit/suspension/shocks you can install on these trucks. At this point I want this baby to ride like a Caddy and expecting the dealer to get it there after all the BS ive gone thru with this truck. Terrible Experience with GMC

What tires are you running? I have same level no bounce or anything but I'm also still on factory 20 and 275/55 factory Goodyears. Best ride would be with fox or icon coilover set up. Even that will be stiff feeling though. As far as caddy quality. Go back to stock and get some bilstiens set to factory setting. Be the best ride. But for a litter or level truck it's no plush and comphy ride. At least from my experience. This is truck number 14 in 10 years. All lifted or leveled.

• Like 1

What size tires are you running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not sure if that was for me but I'm running 35" toyo rt's

Sorry to hear about this, I have the same leveling kit and rides really smooth. Although I do have the stock tires right now.

What tires are you running? I have same level no bounce or anything but I'm also still on factory 20 and 275/55 factory Goodyears. Best ride would be with fox or icon coilover set up. Even that will be stiff feeling though. As far as caddy quality. Go back to stock and get some bilstiens set to factory setting. Be the best ride. But for a litter or level truck it's no plush and comphy ride. At least from my experience. This is truck number 14 in 10 years. All lifted or leveled.

My truck has those stupid ContiEcoPlus sh*t tires. The sidewall has zero flex but on the hwy/IS they are really smooth. SF/Bay area, CA has some of the sh*tty a$$ streets. Every time i drive over a crack, it feels like a drove over a gorge.

• Like 3

I have put 5100's on the rear and have a set for the front coming tomorrow. I have read so many post about this that I literally don't know if I want to even go that route. Thinking the Bilsteins will be better that the Ranchos but at this point I have no clue.

I know this makes no sense to some but ever since I went from a 2 inch to 2 1/2 inch rough country my ride has gotten a lot worse.

live like at sailor at sea.

Bob Seger

Edited by mmwest

I had that same RC 2.5" kit on my 14 AT with 295/55/20 Toyo ATs and it rode really good. I think most all of any harshness it had were from the LT tires. I'm thinking your problem is not your lift, just my opinion.

• Like 1

I noticed not very many of you suggested or are using ICON lifts for your trucks. Is there a reason? I'm only wanting to lift mine no more that 4 inches. A couple of buddies of mine with Tacos recommend ICON. It seems to me, they're to many lift to choose from. I want the best ride since I do daily the truck too. I still want the functionality of a truck with a 2 car trailer. I also go camping and looking at a new Tepui tent setup. If anyone can point me in the right directions it would be grateful. I won't be changing rims just tires but stock dimensions or close to it.

I have the stage 5 Icon set up and I absolutely love it. Rides stiffer than stock on the softest setting and gets rid of the floaty feel of the stock suspension, especially the front. To me it's how a truck should ride and come from the factory. I've only towed 3000-4000# so far but had no issues at all. You can only get about 3" max height out of the Icon set up. My fronts are maxed out but I wish I could go a tad higher. If you want 4" then like others have suggested I am sure the BDS 4" with Fox coilovers would be a nice set up as well.

My set up below.

29059973734_5b5d09fb6f_k.jpgDSC00343 by Chris Minshall, on Flickr

• Like 3

I understand a better ride. I really do. But for the function of bigger tires and/or aesthetics of a 4" lift i sort of think it's a waste of money..(unless the ride is improved that much). I guess it makes as much sense as a 6" because you're not stuffing larger than 35" tires.

Or am I wrong?