HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Thanks for the replies. Its 2019 and Im sure someone has had a retro kit installed for at least a year. If so Id like to to know your pros and cons or at the very least what kit you bought. Trying to search for terms like D2S and FXR3 brings up tons of results and it just gets confusing. I just want to upgrade the stock headlights to something I can see the road with. Ideally with OEM reliability. DM me if you need to but I will be most grateful either way.

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali

Looking for the name and part number of a reliable headlight upgrade kit for the factory housing.

Thanks for the replies. Its 2019 and Im sure someone has had a retro kit installed for at least a year. If so Id like to to know your pros and cons or at the very least what kit you bought. Trying to search for terms like D2S and FXR3 brings up tons of results and it just gets confusing. I just want to upgrade the stock headlights to something I can see the road with. Ideally with OEM reliability. DM me if you need to but I will be most grateful either way.

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Looking for the name and part number of a reliable headlight upgrade kit for the factory housing.
I have had my Morimoto D2S 4.0 with Hylux ballasts installed in my 2014 Sierra for 3 years now. Same HID bulbs and ballasts. The projectors will last damn near forever especially if you use the 35 watt HID ballasts. Let me know if you have questions. We've sold 300+ kits for the Sierra lineup over the last few years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, FastWS6TA said:

I have had my Morimoto D2S 4.0 with Hylux ballasts installed in my 2014 Sierra for 3 years now. Same HID bulbs and ballasts. The projectors will last damn near forever especially if you use the 35 watt HID ballasts. Let me know if you have questions. We've sold 300+ kits for the Sierra lineup over the last few years.

Thanks for the info. Question. Is there any durable upgrade that does NOT involve major surgery on my factory headlight housing? I really am not interested in cutting and then gluing back together the housing. Can I just buy everything except the new projector lens? 

4 minutes ago, Vulcan762 said:

Thanks for the info. Question. Is there any durable upgrade that does NOT involve major surgery on my factory headlight housing? I really am not interested in cutting and then gluing back together the housing. Can I just buy everything except the new projector lens? 

Hid kit 

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?carDisplay=2014+GMC+Sierra+(w%2F+Projector+Lights)&preselect=47338&preselect_restrict=1

https://www.fastheadlights.com/product-p/buy_hid_kit.htm

This kit is much better than the Morimoto Elite kit. The Morimot kit requires a relay harness and to be honest the 35 watt igniter/ballast from Morimoto have been very unreliable. I stopped selling the Morimoto Elite system because I was going crazy with troubleshooting and processing warranty claims. The Hylux ballast is much simpler and has been far more reliable. Its asplug n play as it gets.

You can also upgrade your fog lights to the Morimoto XBLED fog lights to improve output and beam distribution. Those are listed on the site above as well. They are also plug n play.

20 minutes ago, FastWS6TA said:

https://www.fastheadlights.com/product-p/buy_hid_kit.htm

This kit is much better than the Morimoto Elite kit. The Morimot kit requires a relay harness and to be honest the 35 watt igniter/ballast from Morimoto have been very unreliable. I stopped selling the Morimoto Elite system because I was going crazy with troubleshooting and processing warranty claims. The Hylux ballast is much simpler and has been far more reliable. Its asplug n play as it gets.

You can also upgrade your fog lights to the Morimoto XBLED fog lights to improve output and beam distribution. Those are listed on the site above as well. They are also plug n play.

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt click on the link till just now! Looks like this kit works with factory projector lenses. :)

Edited by Vulcan762

1 hour ago, nate_0022 said:

Thanks Nate_0022. Im assuming you have experience with this kit? If so can you tell me how long you have been running it?