HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Thanks Nate_0022. Im assuming you have experience with this kit? If so can you tell me how long you have been running it?
Only issue with those kits (only speaking from experience in selling tons of them) is that when something doesnt work it is a total pain in the ass to diagnose. Is it one of the relays? Maybe a ground.... or perhaps a bad ingiter. But wait could it be the ballast? Hmmm, or one of a bunch of different connection points in the system perhaps? Oh crap, maybe it is a bad bulb! Lol. Obviously I am exaggerating a tad, but when you are on the seller/customer support end of it you really start trying to find a system that performs well, is easy to install or diagnose if not working and doesnt break the bank.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, FastWS6TA said:

Only issue with those kits (only speaking from experience in selling tons of them) is that when something doesnt work it is a total pain in the ass to diagnose. Is it one of the relays? Maybe a ground.... or perhaps a bad ingiter. But wait could it be the ballast? Hmmm, or one of a bunch of different connection points in the system perhaps? Oh crap, maybe it is a bad bulb! Lol. Obviously I am exaggerating a tad, but when you are on the seller/customer support end of it you really start trying to find a system that performs well, is easy to install or diagnose if not working and doesnt break the bank.

I hear you on that one. When I initially installed my hid kit, nothing would fire. Re checked grounds, used my power supply to test ballast, igniters and bulbs, all were working just fine. Had to take the pins out of the connection And install the pins by themselves to The OEM connection. So I finally figured out the pins weren’t fully inserting into The OEM connection so I had to do some trimming. 

FastWS6TA, The link you supplied was pretty thin on details. Doesnt really say what parts are included. Which Morimoto HID light is it if its not the Elite and which Hylux Ballast is included in the kit?

13 hours ago, FastWS6TA said:

https://www.fastheadlights.com/product-p/buy_hid_kit.htm

This kit is much better than the Morimoto Elite kit. The Morimot kit requires a relay harness and to be honest the 35 watt igniter/ballast from Morimoto have been very unreliable. I stopped selling the Morimoto Elite system because I was going crazy with troubleshooting and processing warranty claims. The Hylux ballast is much simpler and has been far more reliable. Its asplug n play as it gets.

You can also upgrade your fog lights to the Morimoto XBLED fog lights to improve output and beam distribution. Those are listed on the site above as well. They are also plug n play.

Edited by Vulcan762

FastWS6TA, The link you supplied was pretty thin on details. Doesnt really say what parts are included. Which Morimoto HID light is it if its not the Elite and which Hylux Ballast is included in the kit?

Morimoto HID bulbs (35 watt) and a Hylux ballast (pair).

Have been running the Morimoto Elite kit in my '15 Sierra with no issues for a few years. Added the XBLed fogs also. Now can actually see at night.

The kit from Fastheadlights looks to be more simple for an install and if it performs as well or better than the Morimoto kit I'd give it a try.

4 hours ago, FastWS6TA said:

Morimoto HID bulbs (35 watt) and a Hylux ballast (pair).

Was it you guys that offered a discount to forum members on your products? If so, how do I order with it?

@fastws6ta, I bought the 3.0 fxr kit from you a few years ago. In an pretty sure the ballast or the ignitors have quit. I noticed that your selling a different style projector kit. do the new hid kits use the same plug as my old ones?

Answer:  yes it uses it.  Thanks Phil

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Edited by bwilliams22685
got answer from Phil in email

Got my mini d2s projectors and kit from fastheadlights, thanks @FastWS6TA !

cant for the life of me figure out how to get at the bottom headlight bolt behind the splash guard in the wheel well without removing the white plastic trim piece above my bumper. Any tips? I did a search here and tried YouTube but can’t find specifics anywhere.

when looking at it from the wheel well it looks like a sheet metal bracket is blocking the majority of the 10mm bolt I need to remove.

thanks!

Edited by mr4wdLTZ

48 minutes ago, mr4wdLTZ said:

Got my mini d2s projectors and kit from fastheadlights, thanks @FastWS6TA !

cant for the life of me figure out how to get at the bottom headlight bolt behind the splash guard in the wheel well without removing the white plastic trim piece above my bumper. Any tips? I did a search here and tried YouTube but can’t find specifics anywhere.

when looking at it from the wheel well it looks like a sheet metal bracket is blocking the majority of the 10mm bolt I need to remove.

thanks!

Bumper trim has to come off first.  4 bolts and it pops right out.  Take off the plastic trim above the grill under the hood with all those plastic push pins.  6 10mm bolts for the grill, 3 on top and 3 on bottom.  It pops right out. 4 bolts on each headlight to remove them from the truck.  It sounds like a lot of work, but it took me about 30 mins to swap out my headlights.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Bumper trim has to come off first.  4 bolts and it pops right out.  Take off the plastic trim above the grill under the hood with all those plastic push pins.  6 10mm bolts for the grill, 3 on top and 3 on bottom.  It pops right out. 4 bolts on each headlight to remove them from the truck.  It sounds like a lot of work, but it took me about 30 mins to swap out my headlights.

Ok that makes sense. Couldn’t see any way around removing that to get to the bolt.

thanks!

Projectors in and all put back together.

you weren’t kidding about that blue coating, holy cow!

install process was very easy compared to my old FXRs on my tundras. About 2.5 hrs start to finish.

waiting to get night shots tonight

8EFCDA4C-8457-4836-AD91-C0E81F1D913E.jpeg

Edited by mr4wdLTZ
  • Like 1

Here are some night shots.

mini D2S 5.0 kit with 35 watt hylux ballasts. 5500K D2S bulbs.

The D2S exceeded my expectations once I was able to line them up and take a drive tonight. The 5.0 is on or with my FXRs in my old trucks. With a fraction of the modification necessary to make it work.

the splitter that allows the bi-xenon high beam function in conjunction with the factory halogen high beams really enhances the brights. I did add some syllabi’s silverstar ultra 9005s while I had it all apart. Better than stock but not the same color temperature. That’s ok. The output is outstanding. 

i highly recommend @FastWS6TA kits.

07557AB3-5538-42F8-B7DF-5E74AA2F4CD6.jpeg

2579537C-D7C5-4B5F-98AC-6A470E0D3D1D.jpeg

Edited by mr4wdLTZ
  • Like 1