HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

How much of my warranty will I void for changing to HID?

Depends what breaks in the future. If it has anything to do with the hid kit you installed then it likely won't be covered. Everything else will be fine

How much of my warranty will I void for changing to HID?

If you use the relay harness you reduce the load on the factory harness to nothing, so they can't say anything about that part. If you have trouble with anything in the headlight, that would be the only place the could even argue with you about it. The federal law states they must prove the mood caused it, but that doesn't mean the dealer won't try and get out of it anyways. Legally you have to mess something up for the liability to be on you. There is a link at the top of the page in modifications to the laws. If you do the retro and Crack the headlight it's your fault. If you just change the bulbs, the hole you drill is on you, but if all the headlights start coming unglued and falling apart that is still on GM. You are only responsible for what you mess up and HID is simple. So unless you put them in your fog lights and melt the housings. You'll be fine.

The FX-r has some challenges to install them nicely.

I think there are better fit possibilities for someone willing to make adapter plates. The Mini, Hella, and RX350 seem to have potential .

Edited by spurshot

Hey guys quick question. So I have a 2014 sierra and I originally had 35w 5000K HID with a relay and all was well. So I wanted to match the LED DRL so I bought the DDM 55w ballasts and Harness. When I originally installed them I used my original relay harness I previously had and it was grounded on each end. I noticed the DDM relay harness only has one ground. I installed new relay and ballasts identically to what was previously in there. The problem I'm having is when I turn the lights on with the truck off, lights come on and run until they automatically shut off (maybe 10 min?). When I start the truck and the lights turn on, they turn on fine, but after about a minute relay starts to buzz and bulbs flicker and cut out.

I've tried two different grounds that I have sanded down to bare metal. I'm at a loss at this point. Thinking it might be a faulty relay. Any ideas?

If the new kit connects to only one factory headlight you have to flip the connector over so the ground goes to power and power goes to ground. On my kit from TRS I couldn't flip the factory connector, so I flipped the extension between the OEM and the relay instead. Had to use a zip tie to keep it connected since there was no tab for it to clip onto.

If the new kit connects to only one factory headlight you have to flip the connector over so the ground goes to power and power goes to ground. On my kit from TRS I couldn't flip the factory connector, so I flipped the extension between the OEM and the relay instead. Had to use a zip tie to keep it connected since there was no tab for it to clip onto.

Ok thanks I'll give that a shot. It's just strange to me that it's only affected when the truck is on. I'll try that tomorrow morning and see how I come out.

For the Morimoto HID kit what is the difference between the 3Five bulbs and the XB35 bulbs? They are 20$ more and just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them

it's the day time running lamps. They provide a pulsing power to give the light a reduced output and HID or LED don't do part power, so that is why it's happening.

I don't have daytime running lights. My sierra is SLT so I have LED DRL. I think it's just a polarity issue so I'll give that a shot and see where that gets me

Wow ok so reading through this post has me more confused then ever, lets have a go for hid/led lighting for dummies.

What kits should I be looking at for headlights for a 2014 serria?

If I were to go HID I would go with the morimoto kit as from what I have read are the best kits going right now, so what exact package would I need to look for on amazon?

I have also seen vled bulbs, now are these direct plug and play replacements like a set of silver stars or do they also requires converters and modification to the light housing to fit?

Wow ok so reading through this post has me more confused then ever, lets have a go for hid/led lighting for dummies.

What kits should I be looking at for headlights for a 2014 serria?

If I were to go HID I would go with the morimoto kit as from what I have read are the best kits going right now, so what exact package would I need to look for on amazon?

I have also seen vled bulbs, now are these direct plug and play replacements like a set of silver stars or do they also requires converters and modification to the light housing to fit?

I can answer one question: if you aren't planning on retro-fitting a new projector, you can get the morimoto kit for the Sierra from The Retrofit Source. I placed my order last week for the kit from TRS, part of it is still on back order as of today unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished my TRS XB35 4500 HID install on stock projectors tonight. Besides being cold out it took much longer than I anticipated due to my OCD on the dust covers. The H11 will not fit behind the dust cap so I had to rig them up. I just couldn't live with the holes! Remarkably they worked on the first shot and look good. No flicker or buzz when truck is running. Nice light output compared to stock and i was impressed with the bulb fit in stock socket. If anyone ever follows through on deeper dust covers for a Silverado I'll gladly purchase them.