HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Yea a 1 inch hole though the dust cap. Put the grommet in and seat the bulb, connecting the bulk plug inside the light to the adapted in the grommet. You'll only connect that adapted on one side so don't worry about the dangling plug when you do the side without the wiring harness on it.

Other than that it's easy. Mount your ballasts and relay assembly upright to prevent water damage and dielectric grease your connections.

Test everything a dozen times before assembling lol

thanks a lot

Hey bud. The only issue you are going to run into is that you can not get the oem projector out the back of the headlights. ...........Your bracket looks good so far. I would be happy to sell you some of the FXR brackets I have made up. I have a 3d printer in my shop and can make other parts if you need. I am not a registered vendor on here so I don't want to come off like I am trying to sell stuff. So i will leave it at that. Lol.

Could I get a pic and price for the fxr bracket pls.. Do these brackets require complete dismantle of the headlight or can they be installed from the back like the other retrofits have been performed? What are the brackets made of?

Checked DDM-Tuning's website tonight and noticed they have a new kit available, it's called "DDM Ultra HID Kit" http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ultra-HID-Kit

Anyone have any experience with these hid kits?

They're using "Osram CBI Series HID bulbs to produce up to 20% more light than a standard HID bulb and 50% more light that many HID bulbs on the market which allows you to see further than other HID kits"

Edited by arkenzo

I pick up my prototype tomorrow. The quality of this part can't be much better printed in plastic as he has some top quality machines, but the cost is to much with this guy. But, I want to know it works so I had this guy make the first one anyways. I am shopping for a more reasonable options in hopes it needs no revisions, but even if it does it's hopefully not something that needs another test.

My only issue so far is mechanical. I didn't want to crank down on the plastic to hard and wasn't snug enough with one projector so it shifted an inch at 25 feet. No electrical issues.

Edited by Crf450r420

Checked DDM-Tuning's website tonight and noticed they have a new kit available, it's called "DDM Ultra HID Kit" http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ultra-HID-Kit

Anyone have any experience with these hid kits?

They're using "Osram CBI Series HID bulbs to produce up to 20% more light than a standard HID bulb and 50% more light that many HID bulbs on the market which allows you to see further than other HID kits"

They are weasel wording. They don't specifically say they are Osram bulbs. I'll put dollars to donuts that they're Chinese bulbs.

"The HID Bulbs are based on the Osram CBI Series HID bulbs to produce up to 20% more light than a standard HID bulb and 50% more light that many HID bulbs on the market "

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

They are weasel wording. They don't specifically say they are Osram bulbs. I'll put dollars to donuts that they're Chinese bulbs.

"The HID Bulbs are based on the Osram CBI Series HID bulbs to produce up to 20% more light than a standard HID bulb and 50% more light that many HID bulbs on the market "

You're right, totally missed that, I might just buy the 55w kit to try out, we will see. Do you think these could possibly be any brighter than standard 55w ballast? They claim to be brighter than standard hid ballast kits...

since I park inside my garage, every day I leave in the morning (daylight) my headlights stay on until I drive up the street and then they turn off (due to Auto lights). Would this be bad or reduce the life of the HID kit? (I don't have a kit yet)

I know I could turn the Auto switch real quick to turn off the lights, but then that also turns off the LED running lights, which I would prefer to keep on.