LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered these: 50W White CREE High Power XB-D LED T10 2825 921 912 Backup Reverse Light Bulb x2

Anybody used these before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321273754604?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I need something to keep up with my new tow mirrors' interrogation lights:

A1050A00-7CB7-4828-941A-30932415C479_zps

Those are the lights from the new tow mirrors? Sweet jesus!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know or recommend anybody that does this and other modifications to trucks in St. Louis mo area. Would love to get this done to my truck but my knowledge is lacking and experimenting on my new truck is not recommended.

Honestly, it's so easy to do yourself. Way too easy to pay someone. Could take you up to 10 minutes to change both reverse and cargo lights. Just undo 2 screws pop out the old light and then pop in the new one, make sure it works, and then bolt everything back in place.

Mike1220 you sir are a good man wish you lived near me so I could pay you. I don't trust myself with a screwdriver anywhere near my new shiny truck, next thing you know the gate will fall off and lose a tire.

Haha I wouldn't worry too much about those extremes. The 2 screws per housing that you would need to remove are visible. The tail light screws are visible when you lower the tailgate and the 3rd brake light screws are in the 2 sunken in spots on the housing. I would say try it man! Like I said, it's too easy to pay someone else.

So which bulbs is everyone recommending for the reverse and cargo lights bulbs? I am not about the wade thru 11+ pages to find them...lol

So which bulbs is everyone recommending for the reverse and cargo lights bulbs? I am not about the wade thru 11+ pages to find them...lol

Here's what I have. They are bright and I have had them for several months. No issues.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351009093833

Haha I wouldn't worry too much about those extremes. The 2 screws per housing that you would need to remove are visible. The tail light screws are visible when you lower the tailgate and the 3rd brake light screws are in the 2 sunken in spots on the housing. I would say try it man! Like I said, it's too easy to pay someone else.

Man mike you are a cool dude thanks for all your help, now I wish you lived around me so I could buy you a beer.

• 1 month later...

I just installed these... easily twice as bright as the oem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OVBTKKU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_e317ub1TG6856

Is anyone who is installing the cree bulbs from ebay noticing the light going more to the side since they're not true wedges?

EDIT: I should mention that in the above picture the passenger side is OEM and the drivers side is the new LED.

post-138501-0-63129400-1424973325_thumb.jpg

I just installed these... easily twice as bright as the oem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OVBTKKU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_e317ub1TG6856

Is anyone who is installing the cree bulbs from ebay noticing the light going more to the side since they're not true wedges?

Yours may be going to one side more than the other just becuase you have LEDs only on 3 sides (top, front, back) and so the light isn't even disbursed inside the housing. Mine have light shining 360* so they look to me to have even disbursal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours may be going to one side more than the other just becuase you have LEDs only on 3 sides (top, front, back) and so the light isn't even disbursed inside the housing. Mine have light shining 360* so they look to me to have even disbursal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually they seem to have a good disbursement I was more asking about your bulbs because of the large projector on the end.

Archived