LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

Actually they seem to have a good disbursement I was more asking about your bulbs because of the large projector on the end.

Oh my bad on the misunderstanding. I don't notice any flaws in the dispersement. Its certainly better than the 32SMD LED T10 that I put in there originally when I was waiting 2 weeks for these to arrive

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my bad on the misunderstanding. I don't notice any flaws in the dispersement. Its certainly better than the 32SMD LED T10 that I put in there originally when I was waiting 2 weeks for these to arrive

Cool thanks man. Yea cause I think I want the brighter ones for the cargo lamp. I still plan on wiring some led spots back there for universal/trailer hook up and oh, tailgaters and high beam-ers.

I ordered some LED bulbs from Superbright LEDS and so far they are nice. They were $30 each, but the light is now white and a lot brighter than the stock bulbs.

I doubt anyone has tried this, but I plan to do it in the next few weeks just for the hell of it,

Has anyone tried to see if the VLED V3 triton can be fitted into a 921 socket? Like where the bulb actually sits into the housing. I know they don't have a 921 plug so a jumper or hardwiring would be a must but I think it'd be pretty nice to have some of those bright bright white V3s in the reverse and cargos. At 600 lumens per bulb, I think it would put out more than enough light for any situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is going to be the area behind the tail lamp housing. There is not much room back there so if it sticks out to far the tail lamp wont push back into the bed.

Problem is going to be the area behind the tail lamp housing. There is not much room back there so if it sticks out to far the tail lamp wont push back into the bed.

Don't ruin my hopes for bright as heck tail lights...

:P

I'm hoping to try to see if my V3's that are in my front turn signals will at least fit in the reverse and cargo lights this weekend. If they fit then I'll be debating on getting the bulbs now or later, if they don't fit, then I'll have to see if I can make them [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: I know one member said that his friend put these in his tail lights on a 2015 2500. Not sure if they have more space or not behind the lights but I'm hoping its no different. The fun part is more of seeing if you can get them to stay in a 921 setting.

• 4 months later...

Has anybody successfully changed the turn signal and brake light bulbs to LED?

Yes. Wrong thread though. A few have LEDs in both. Pretty sure Morris Lee has them in both

I couldn't find a thread on the turns and brakes. Do you have a link?

LED tail lights

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/159928-Aftermarket-LED-Taillights

Mainly created for full LED replacements but I'm pretty sure that it talked about just changing to LED bulbs also

Got my reverse lights from eBay, they were some Samsung LEDs. Pic 2 is truck in the garage shining on the neighbors across the street. Pic 3 was at Applebee's and the car behind me is about 20-30 feet away

a3mq0g.jpg

34oritw.jpg

zl3cxi.jpg

Got my reverse lights from eBay, they were some Samsung LEDs. Pic 2 is truck in the garage shining on the neighbors across the street. Pic 3 was at Applebee's and the car behind me is about 20-30 feet away

a3mq0g.jpg

34oritw.jpg

zl3cxi.jpg

Link to which ones you bought?

Archived