2014+ Leveling Kits

Salinas, What size tires did you end up going with, and kinda off topic, but do you have lights around the temp control knobs, or maybe rolling thunder could answer, I really thought mine was lighted, but now im not so sure

Arnold,

That looks nice. I bought this one:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154469-post-pics-of-your-2014/?p=1902540

But I had a hard time liking the wheels originally so I crudely Photoshopped four different custom wheels on a side view to see what they would look like. Didn't really like any of them and these OEM chrome that came with my truck are starting to grow on me. Besides the fact that swapping them out would been an expense I had not planned on.

Same here! I really love the chrome wheels. If i ever get aftermarket wheels they have to be chrome cuz i like how the match with the chrome trims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salinas, What size tires did you end up going with, and kinda off topic, but do you have lights around the temp control knobs, or maybe rolling thunder could answer, I really thought mine was lighted, but now im not so sure

Went with Federal Couragia despite the mixed reviews. 33x12.50 (32.8x12.3) on site specs.

I do have lights by the on the knobs if iam not mistaken. It is daytime but ill check tonight

Yes

0d8802a2a02a3bde7b02a544fba90555.jpg

Do you know what the part # or rim name is?

7c751721d1f9c71faa0b54e4270bcf37.jpg

I'm a big fan of this look as well! I did post this pick on here already but...

It's nice to be able to hit a dirt road, drive over a curb, have boatloads of traction and not feel like I'm going to destroy my rims. Feels like a truck now.

I still want to tint the front windows and install a light bar behind the grill. Also Diablo goes in after Christmas.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What tires and size are you running? Also where'd you get the fender guards?

+1 on truck color. I am getting my RC 2.5" level kit put on this week, but I am also putting 3" blocks on as I want a little rake.

Edited by Korazu

+1 on truck color. I am getting my RC 2.5" level kit put on this week, but I am also putting 3" blocks on as I want a little rake.

Thanks! My setup is a Motofab 2" with rear blocks and Hellwig 987 helper springs. Tires are Goodyear Duratrac 275/60R20 and the flares are the stock flares that come in the Sierra.

• Like 1

What's the +'s for tinting front window as I've never done that before.

Don't know the rim name but I'm sure it's available on GMC's website. Its stock 2014 OEM chrome 20's.

Tires = Mastercraft Courser MXT (305/55/20) or equivalent to 33x12.5

Fender guards and tint were on the truck when i bought it so not sure of the tint % but its pretty light. But +'s is that it takes out the sun glare so that i don't have to drive with sunglasses on while driving. Now that may be irrelevant or unimportant to some, but i wear hats ALL the time and sunglasses with hats gives me a raging headache. Also, it makes the exterior of the truck appear to be 10x darker than it really is when in reality, it is not that dark at all while inside the truck looking out (especially for night time driving). I also conceal carry my weapon/s or have my shotgun in the backseat during hunting season so I have at least one inside my vehicle at all times (usually in my center console while driving). So it helps so people cannot see into it without shoving their face on my damn windows. Once again, all minor things but make having windshield tint more justifiable since it is illegal in most (if nky all) states.

• Like 1

Thanks! My setup is a Motofab 2" with rear blocks and Hellwig 987 helper springs. Tires are Goodyear Duratrac 275/60R20 and the flares are the stock flares that come in the Sierra.

I think I may go with a Sierra on the next buy. :D Thanks!

• Like 1

It's nice to be able to hit a dirt road, drive over a curb, have boatloads of traction and not feel like I'm going to destroy my rims. Feels like a truck now.

I still want to tint the front windows and install a light bar behind the grill. Also Diablo goes in after Christmas.

I agree with you 100% on this look, it is a perfect affordable medium for making it look like a truck should without going overboard. Although, I will add that the guys on this forum running 35's on levels look absolutely amazing, however, as much as I want that setup its not practical for my daily driver with the amount of miles I run a day. And I would imagine you feel the same way as I do when I tell people "pictures DO NOT do it justice". Keep us posted on the light bar in the grill if you bite that bullet down the road. And also your review on the duratracs if you don't mind, those were on my list of tires before jumping on the MXT's.

• Like 2

That's badass. Please post some more pics. What do you think of those Duratracs?

Edited by bcbz71

I agree with you 100% on this look, it is a perfect affordable medium for making it look like a truck should without going overboard. Although, I will add that the guys on this forum running 35's on levels look absolutely amazing, however, as much as I want that setup its not practical for my daily driver with the amount of miles I run a day. And I would imagine you feel the same way as I do when I tell people "pictures DO NOT do it justice". Keep us posted on the light bar in the grill if you bite that bullet down the road. And also your review on the duratracs if you don't mind, those were on my list of tires before jumping on the MXT's.

That's badass. Please post some more pics. What do you think of those Duratracs?

Thanks guys, I am really psyched about it as well. I will try to get some more pics up later.

The Duratracs are sweet. This is my second set as I had them on my 2009 2500HD as well. I am religious about my tire rotations (every oil change) and my last set had 40k on them in the pic attached.

I was so pleased with them I bought them again. I don't think they are loud at all compared to other mud tires... I actually think they are pretty quiet and they soften up the ride a little. The rim protection is crazy. The tire has over a quarter inch of reveal protecting the rim which was important to me with the fragile GM chrome plating. I'll try to get a pic of that too...

Thanks again!

4b42cc7dad84e6d28c012f743697f1d7.jpg

Edited by Sierra Jon

70f9c4911ab23e776c990931eca7a308.jpg

After further driving i discovered some rubbing at full lock on the upper stamped steel control arm. No biggy. But will prob throw some 1/4" wheel spacers to see if it eliminates completely.

• Like 1

70f9c4911ab23e776c990931eca7a308.jpg

After further driving i discovered some rubbing at full lock on the upper stamped steel control arm. No biggy. But will prob throw some 1/4" wheel spacers to see if it eliminates completely.

The stamped steel UCAs suck balls!!!!!!

eb73fe19b54bb1e906e53f8eb0e82e50.jpgf12c8937594dff0fb75cdebbbdba1056.jpg

Received these 1.5" lift blocks to replace the 1.25" oem. I know not a huge difference but they were only $26 and i read somewhere the 2" block provided more than the 3/4" expected. So i guess ill see if my logic is right.

Current front height 39 1/4

And rear at 39 5/8.

• Like 1