What have you done to your K2 today?

Got kicker amp and subwoofer installed. Speaker upgrade is next. Recommendations?
I did that same install a while back and went on to crutchfield and asked for their recommendation and provided them the specs of the system and they sold me on Polk DB+ speakers and I am very pleased with them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:28 PM, JimCost2014 said:

How often do you add coolant? Had to add quite frequently in my 14 and 16, same thing with our Tahoe. Never have seen any leaks, drips on the floor or vehicles. 

The coolant leak could be coming from the Cycling Thermostat issue. Causes the radiator to develop small pin leaks and it evaporates out.

Mine was replaced under warranty. There is a thread about it here. 

14 hours ago, texasaggies16 said:

Got it finished! 16-18 led headlights and led fog lights

187FA496-6C38-4B28-8AAD-6DF38CE7B5D5.jpeg

are those Morimoto XB Led fog lights?

There is a knockoff on ebay for half the price. I wonder if these are any good?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2014-Avalanche-Suburban-Tahoe-07-14-Yukon-Full-LED-Bumper-Fog-Lights-Lamps/382653158606?fits=Model%3ASierra+1500|Submodel%3ASLT|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.3L|Make%3AGMC&hash=item5917e7d4ce:g:2GcAAOSwPWtcAgXH

Claims to fit the 14 and 15 Sierra round fog lights. Looks just like the Morimoto

46 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2014-Avalanche-Suburban-Tahoe-07-14-Yukon-Full-LED-Bumper-Fog-Lights-Lamps/382653158606?fits=Model%3ASierra+1500|Submodel%3ASLT|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.3L|Make%3AGMC&hash=item5917e7d4ce:g:2GcAAOSwPWtcAgXH

Claims to fit the 14 and 15 Sierra round fog lights. Looks just like the Morimoto

I saw those a while back and wondered the same thing.  They look pretty nice.

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

Yes I have morimoto fog lights, got them for 170 off eBay. Spend the money and get real ones. 

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Any issues with the Visors opening and closing or codes popping up?

Sent from above

No issues with anything, GEN5 harness works flawlessly.

That is what I am thinking. They look just like Morimoto units.
Not sure about the longevity, but for $90 they are half the price.
Options are very limited for our 14-15 Sierra 1500s and current 2500Hd trucks

I’d rather pay for real ones then be out somewhere and have lights go out or burn up my electrical cause I was to cheap to pay for something as important as ability to see the road at night.

Sent from above

No issues with anything, GEN5 harness works flawlessly.

We’re talking about the light bar behind the grill and maybe I missed it somewhere but would you mind posting the wiring setup? Thanks in advance

Sent from above

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Any issues with the Visors opening and closing or codes popping up?

Sent from above

9 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

We’re talking about the light bar behind the grill and maybe I missed it somewhere but would you mind posting the wiring setup? Thanks in advance

Sent from above

Are you talking about the Active Grill Shutters? If so he doesn't have them on his 15, just asking because I may be missing something entirely. Or maybe the actual headlight high/low beam flapper? 

Edited by SS502

Are you talking about the Active Grill Shutters? If so he doesn't have them on his 15, just asking because I may be missing something entirely. Or maybe the actual headlight high/low beam flapper? 

The Active Grill Shutters (AGS). I’m looking at few different rigid curved LEDs and wondering whether or not they’re going to affect the front AGS’s. Just seem that maybe they’ll affect airflow.

Sent from above

3 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

The Active Grill Shutters (AGS). I’m looking at few different rigid curved LEDs and wondering whether or not they’re going to affect the front AGS’s. Just seem that maybe they’ll affect airflow.

Sent from above

Yeah, he doesn't have them on his 2015...we do and I have not yet found a light bar that will fit in the grill area without modifying the shutters...if you find one PLEASE share!! :thumbs: Well, I haven't found any that will fit BEHIND the grill between the grill and shutters...

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, texasaggies16 said:

Got it finished! 16-18 led headlights and led fog lights

187FA496-6C38-4B28-8AAD-6DF38CE7B5D5.jpeg

Looks good Texas. You wont believe the difference in light output at night. This has got to be one of the most popular upgrades for us guys with the old style halogen headlights.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, he doesn't have them on his 2015...we do and I have not yet found a light bar that will fit in the grill area without modifying the shutters...if you find one PLEASE share!! :thumbs: Well, I haven't found any that will fit BEHIND the grill between the grill and shutters...

Will do. I’ve actually got a 16 SLT Yukon XL that’s primary road trip vehicle that needs new fog lights. I had Oracle Premium Xenon/HIDs installed in it last week and wow what a difference. Only thing is that can’t find anything other than LEDs for the fog lights and they’re not really that bright. Searching high and low for super bright replacement fog lights. We’ll many times get a wild hair and immediately pack and go for a trip to Colorado or Arizona or even Florida and drive throughout the night which is awesome in my 18 SLT with factory Xenons but not the Yukon. My wife’s smaller Cayanne is Xenon as well but not a road trip vehicle.

Sent from above

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

Ya no AGS on my truck. It’s just a simple 32” curved light bar mounted to the radiator support brackets with some brackets from rough country. It’s wired with an eBay harness and I have it on a wireless remote.. don’t like switches 

• Like 1