What have you done to your K2 today?

Saturday, ran to Edwards AFB Outdoor Recreation to grab a bouncy (for the kids to play on during the Edwards AFB Chapel Potluck, yesterday), ran into Lancaster/Palmdale to get lunch and some food for said potluck, and then home.  Crossed 10,000 miles heading into Lancaster/Palmdale.  Sunday, drove to chapel, returned the bouncy, went home (find a sink clogged), ran to Karl's Hardware, back home, removed the hitch tongue, and reinstalled my hitch brake light (after racking my knee into the hitch, backed in too close to the garage).

The photo was taken after my son and I put the fans inside the chapel annex. 

51376621-6D0C-424D-B91D-5D0F2A459196.jpeg

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Added photo from Saturday

21 hours ago, neekhalas said:

Switched over to Amsoil today.  Motor, front and rear diff, transfer case.  Glad I did the transfer case too, even though this is "normal". 45k in IMG_3541.thumb.JPG.e4fc477b9c82c2fce1fe612a498dbf98.JPG

Changed mine at 52k and it looked exactly the same. Glad it's not just mine!

• Thanks 1

Put a plug in my tire to get me to the tire shop for a proper internal patch tomorrow [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

How the hell a 2" long screw can stand straight up on the road to harpoon my tire is beyond me.

Same way a head stud and nut can make it through a 10 ply tire. No pics, but it happened. Brutal

Installed my color matched All Terrain Grill today. That, along with the Bumpershellz covers that I installed earlier this year, my front end is finally de-chromed to my liking. Next up, no-drill amber roof top clearance lights. Thanks to Britt @Waterfowler41 for that next purchase :seeya:

Before and after pics:

Before:

IMG_2367.thumb.JPG.a1fcc1e230fad5d3ff432cf32942c0e7.JPG

After:

IMG_2880.thumb.JPG.3d0fba5343389a7014297d6c46976369.JPG

• Like 10

Installed my color matched All Terrain Grill today. That, along with the Bumpershellz covers that I installed earlier this year, my front end is finally de-chromed to my liking. Next up, no-drill amber roof top clearance lights. Thanks to Britt@Waterfowler41 for that next purchase :seeya:
Before and after pics:
Before:
IMG_2367.thumb.JPG.a1fcc1e230fad5d3ff432cf32942c0e7.JPG

After:
IMG_2880.thumb.JPG.3d0fba5343389a7014297d6c46976369.JPG

Looks awesome!!!!!!

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork
  • Like 2

Spent the evening chasing a front end knock. Replace sway bar end links and bushing with Moog problem solvers. While the end links weren’t the source of the noise, boy did I feel my sway bar come back to life.
6d57e19316cfb227104de622fffaccfe.jpg

Source of the knocking.... wheel center cap was missing 2 screws....
5b027e1cfd6fbf15576c67866dfd36c1.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 12:13 AM, kennerz said:

Switched to Amsoil in the front and rear diffs and transfer case. Adjusted the Kings in front 6 turns got me from a 37 7/8 front fender height to 39 and 1/4. King T-handle shock tool is mandatory for on vehicle adjustments.

20190407_115630 sun (2)comp.jpg

20190407_115712 sun (2)_LI comp.jpg

Can you post a picture of the position of the top spring seat? I’m curious how far down it is spun to gain 1-3/8” of height on the truck. I’m guessing there are about 1/2” of thread showing at the top?

edit: I can just barely see it in your top pic. Looks like it’s spun roughly 3/4” down on the shock body

Edited by 14x4

10 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

Nice! You’re gonna feel like you have a whole new truck with how it drives after the gears and now these.

Yeah Ive gone a little ham lately on new parts for the truck.  Loving the gears.  Not sure what these will do for the ride but they sure do look pretty

10 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

5160s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep

9 hours ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Spent the evening chasing a front end knock. Replace sway bar end links and bushing with Moog problem solvers. While the end links weren’t the source of the noise, boy did I feel my sway bar come back to life.
6d57e19316cfb227104de622fffaccfe.jpg

Source of the knocking.... wheel center cap was missing 2 screws....
5b027e1cfd6fbf15576c67866dfd36c1.jpg

Where did you find the sway bar end links?  I have a 2017 and Moog has nothing for my truck except the sway bar bushings.  Thanks

5 hours ago, 14x4 said:

Can you post a picture of the position of the top spring seat? I’m curious how far down it is spun to gain 1-3/8” of height on the truck. I’m guessing there are about 1/2” of thread showing at the top?

edit: I can just barely see it in your top pic. Looks like it’s spun roughly 3/4” down on the shock body

I did 6 full rotations from fully topped out wit no adjustment. I read each turn gives you an 1/8th but for me it was more than that. Also forgot to mention  I took the wheels off and jacked it up to releave spring tension.  Also sprayed with triflow the night before. I can measure when I get a chance.  But it settled some too so I need to remeasure.  That t handle tool is a huge help not the one it comes with. 

• Like 1