What have you done to your K2 today?

I ordered one and plan to stick the old one in the tool box. For $30, it’s pretty damn convenient until it’s not and you can easily throw the old one back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i would def save the stock one. I guess my concerns are more about being out somewhere like on an ATV trip and all the oil leaks out while you’re out riding for hrs cuz the valve failed or something and you’re a few miles away from anything. And god forbid you don’t notice and start the truck. Idk. Maybe I’m overthinking it. Hahhaa. But I do that with stuff like this.

Just curious how durable they are.

• Like 2

Improbably, both of my windshield wipers failed yesterday at the same time in the exact same way - and it hasn't even been below freezing for more than a week. Oh well, these were on the truck when I got it about a year ago so I had no idea how good they were anyway. Upgraded to Bosch Icon based on the recommendation from The Wirecutter; they've never steered me wrong in the past. I used to do the Rain-X Latitudes, so it'll be interesting to see how these compare.

Wiper.jpg

1 hour ago, Turtl3Up said:

Improbably, both of my windshield wipers failed yesterday at the same time in the exact same way - and it hasn't even been below freezing for more than a week. Oh well, these were on the truck when I got it about a year ago so I had no idea how good they were anyway. Upgraded to Bosch Icon based on the recommendation from The Wirecutter; they've never steered me wrong in the past. I used to do the Rain-X Latitudes, so it'll be interesting to see how these compare.

Wiper.jpg

I have always been a die hard Bosch fan for wipers. Maybe it's just my bad luck, but never had good results with longevity of Rain X. I think the Bosch Envision series were introduced 2 or so years ago, and they are by far the best set I've ever owned. Going on a year and a few months on the same set that have seen lots of rain, snow, and everything in between. Still function like they did on day 1, and no streaking! 

Get you a rubber vacuum cap or something similar to cover the end of the Fumoto valve and nothing will drain out if the valve gets hit. You can also tighten it to where the handle is up out of the way so nothing can hit it.

I've got a section of tygon tubing I slip over the end of the valve and drop into my drain pan when I pull into the garage when it's time to change oil. Open the valve and walk in the house. Come back out the next morning and I know I have drained the oil while it was hot, no splashes, no mess and easy as can be.

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Like 1

Ok so these fumoto valves; I was toying with the idea of putting one on my ATV a couple yrs ago and I didn’t because someone mentioned the valve got all jacked up from trail riding. And wouldn’t open and then wouldn’t close, And I started thinking would I also NOT want one on my truck etc for the same reason? And thinking about salt and ice/snow in the northeast? Will these things hold up to that and not leak for years??? Looking for real opinions cuz I know alotta you guys have em and I don’t think I’ve ever polled a forum about it, and I have no personal experience.

I’ve ran Stahlbus drain valve on my track bikes. Works great!!!! It’s a lot smaller than Fumoto valve and looks a lot cleaner. A lil expensive but definitely worth it.

• Like 1

I’ve ran Stahlbus drain valve on my track bikes. Works great!!!! It’s a lot smaller than Fumoto valve and looks a lot cleaner. A lil expensive but definitely worth it.

Oh now THAT looks cool. Metal cap to protect the valve. And I take it when you push the other part with the hose into it that’s what opens the valve?

Thanks! I’m gonna look into these. I like that nothing is exposed when the cap is on. And that it’s metal.

• Like 1

Oh now THAT looks cool. Metal cap to protect the valve. And I take it when you push the other part with the hose into it that’s what opens the valve?

Thanks! I’m gonna look into these. I like that nothing is exposed when the cap is on. And that it’s metal.

Yup, push it and turn and that’ll start draining it. Very simple and the cap also serve as a second seal.

• Like 1

Had a nice 60 degree day this weekend to detail inside and out. Not often we get above 30 in March! Bucket wash, clayed, Turtle Wax jet black spray wax and CG VRP on all plastic trim & tires. Wanted to see how the spray wax works compared to my normal sealant routine (chemical guys black light followed by butter wax). Just in time before we get snow and rain tonight.. 😕IMG_3949-R.thumb.JPG.0c92e904d2c0930df0ccdf091c0cff78.JPG

IMG_3951-R.thumb.JPG.132eb539d91ae79f68e02d86ee596fa6.JPGIMG_3968-R.thumb.JPG.21deb1de86637dd08de7b0d4bae2acd7.JPG

• Like 9

10 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

Had a nice 60 degree day this weekend to detail inside and out. Not often we get above 30 in March! Bucket wash, clayed, Turtle Wax jet black spray wax and CG VRP on all plastic trim & tires. Wanted to see how the spray wax works compared to my normal sealant routine (chemical guys black light followed by butter wax). Just in time before we get snow and rain tonight.. 😕IMG_3949-R.thumb.JPG.0c92e904d2c0930df0ccdf091c0cff78.JPG

IMG_3951-R.thumb.JPG.132eb539d91ae79f68e02d86ee596fa6.JPGIMG_3968-R.thumb.JPG.21deb1de86637dd08de7b0d4bae2acd7.JPG

I WISH!!!

We may have been lucky to break 50ºF today in the high desert in SoCal.