What have you done to your K2 today?

1 minute ago, boettcher40 said:

60 degrees Saturday, a mild mid 20's today with some snow. Gotta love the midwest!

Yeah, been similar around here.  Tehachapi was getting snow off/on today, and looking at getting a serious amount this afternoon/evening.  While I was running around Edwards (getting something to eat for lunch, little bit ago), I saw a few flakes falling/blowing around.  Last night, weather back at the nest, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!  Wife and I jumped into the hot tub last night between 9pm-10pm, was warmer last night than it was when we jumped into it the previous weekend.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, HoosierZ said:

Ground off the parting line and smoothed my lower control arms on the front side. I’ve been thinking about doing this since I removed the lower bumper plastic. 

5D2BAEDC-C3F1-4D90-A309-CD720BE61325.jpeg

Where can I get that metal skid plate?

On 3/12/2021 at 6:31 PM, slide187 said:

Oh now THAT looks cool. Metal cap to protect the valve. And I take it when you push the other part with the hose into it that’s what opens the valve?

Thanks! I’m gonna look into these. I like that nothing is exposed when the cap is on. And that it’s metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I bought, the valve with lock clip, hose and the F-cap. Was looking for the valve, but you know how Amazon is with their, 'buy all 3 for'.. :D

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DBB96PJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

This is what I bought, the valve with lock clip, hose and the F-cap. Was looking for the valve, but you know how Amazon is with their, 'buy all 3 for'.. [emoji3]

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DBB96PJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haha yes, they’re also great with their anatomy tips. [emoji23][emoji23] thx Amazon.
511188f2bb166679f35af19b7497da5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Raven Z71 said:

Wish we got some snow, my truck has not had the chance to experience it.

After 6 months of it you tend to really look forward to spring and above freezing temps 🙂

Update.. trucks full of salt again. Made it two days. Water beading was nice, however!

• Like 1

Installed an EGR front hood deflector this evening.
Also, I ordered an Autel Maxisys Elite scan tool, yesterday.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 12:53 AM, Raven Z71 said:

Where can I get that metal skid plate?

From your dealer or Ebay. It is two plates that replace the factory plastic splash shield. They are GM Accessories parts. You can buy the two plates individually or as a set that also includes the transfer case skid plate if your truck didn’t come with it. 

D7C2D701-B8AA-41C1-BFDE-23069136C5BA.jpeg

• Like 4

On 3/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, HoosierZ said:

From your dealer or Ebay. It is two plates that replace the factory plastic splash shield. They are GM Accessories parts. You can buy the two plates individually or as a set that also includes the transfer case skid plate if your truck didn’t come with it. 

D7C2D701-B8AA-41C1-BFDE-23069136C5BA.jpeg

I was going to order this a WHILE back... after seeing this.... thanks, I'm out $200.. :D I'm going to spray mine with bed liner(saw that on another post), liked how it looked. 

8 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

I was going to order this a WHILE back... after seeing this.... thanks, I'm out $200.. :D I'm going to spray mine with bed liner(saw that on another post), liked how it looked. 

You’re welcome. I don’t mind talking others into spending their money as long as they’re not spending mine. Lol. Here’s another pic for inspiration. 

7C4E8AA5-E5A1-472C-A5D2-88A6A27EA968.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HoosierZ said:

You’re welcome. I don’t mind talking others into spending their money as long as they’re not spending mine. Lol. Here’s another pic for inspiration. 

Yeah, I think a while back there was another thread on skid plates on here. I believe you was on that thread as well.. :D.. but I had other mods on the top of my 'to do'.. and this slipped off my list for a while.. 

Edited by jpinoy