What have you done to your K2 today?

Did the diode reverse + cargo light mod. Now my cargo lights turn on when in reverse and when I unlock the truck with the fob. Love it!!! Gonna be great for the moments when you need to check your load and have the keys in your pocket or when hanging out by the truck and want to add some light without climbing in. Also seems to help a little bit with adding vision when using the back up camera.

I fall more in love with this truck everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did the diode reverse + cargo light mod. Now my cargo lights turn on when in reverse and when I unlock the truck with the fob. Love it!!! Gonna be great for the moments when you need to check your load and have the keys in your pocket or when hanging out by the truck and want to add some light without climbing in. Also seems to help a little bit with adding vision when using the back up camera.

I fall more in love with this truck everyday.

link to this mod plz. I did the fogs and brights mod. I have an extra diode left.

link to this mod plz. I did the fogs and brights mod. I have an extra diode left.

Here is a link to the same mod of my deviation

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/164156-cargo-lights-on-with-reverse-lights/page-5?do=findComment&comment=1533886

Edited by morrislee

For reverse and cargo you connect #26 in the brown harness (reverse lights) to #26 in the pink harness (cargo lights), with the band on the diode closest to the #26 wire in the pink harness.

I didn't even think of that. I guess my mind doesn't process everything when I'm sitting at my desk at the office.

Any chance you could post some close up pictures of how you mounted them?

Self tapping bolts, right into the hitch. put them at a slightly outward angle and screwed em in. then made up my wire harness and hooked it all up

I didn't even think of that. I guess my mind doesn't process everything when I'm sitting at my desk at the office.

Any chance you could post some close up pictures of how you mounted them?

20150924_224943.jpg

This is through the tint on the front drivers window.

20150924_224954.jpg

I drilled and tapped the hitch for a mount and tapped into the factory backup lights for power.

20150924_231017.jpg

• Like 2

20150924_224943.jpg

This is through the tint on the front drivers window.

20150924_224954.jpg

I drilled and tapped the hitch for a mount and tapped into the factory backup lights for power.

20150924_231017.jpg

First of all nice job. Secondly, does your pods come on only in reverse, or did you attach a switch so that you can turn them on individually? Could you provide a parts list that you used for mounting? Thanks

Sent from my SG Note 4 on Tapatalk

Just gave my truck her first real wash, and about to start slapping some collinite on. I'll try and get some good pictures tonight when I'm done. I can't wait to see my brownstone paint smothered in wax. I'm in love with this color.