What have you done to your K2 today?

attachicon.gifjustin_humphrey_1455416506782.jpg

I just installed the new tow mirrors non powerfold on a lt silverado. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the amber work as a clearance light and the reverse led work as both reverse and when I unlock at night for them to come on. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

(The caption is a joke between some friends, nothing against girls who like tow mirrors)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Several threads specifically for adding tow mirrors to these trucks. Depends on which stock mirrors you started with, DL8 or DL3. Do a search and you will find pages and pages and pages of great info that can answer literally any question you could possibly have.

For a 2014, you need the RZY jumper harness and a new door harness in each door.

The white LEDs are not designed as reverse lights or to come on with key fob like the puddle lights do on the smaller mirrors unless you were to do some complicated custom wiring job. From the factory they are wired as cargo lights, so you have to push the button in your truck and it will turn on the mirror LEDs and your other cargo lights in the back. That is how they are designed to work. If you push the button they work perfectly in reverse, and shut off when you put it in D. This is assuming you wire it with the OEM door harnesses like most do.

Amber lights will work perfectly as running lights if you use OEM door harnesses.

• Like 1