What have you done to your K2 today?

Was working on wiring up the rear lights and discovered an axle seal leak. I guess it is time for some you tube.4811432eea6b8ab46ea59ca4dc88e577.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

All installed! Took me longer due to actually taking my time to make sure everything was correct, and because it was hot lol. Found out why my passenger side HID wasn't firing, and it wasn't the striker from what I originally thought. Turns out one of the relays in the dual relay harness went bad. Guess that's a good design, that way you don't lose both headlights at once. Luckily I had one that fit the bill until I can order the correct one. Here's some pics

e95c899230897e8f5f7120bdde059254.jpg

Running lights on

c789d3a3f4dfac28f136be9992a4b583.jpg

Running lights + fog lights

20a57834aa3af8173d76ab7735473783.jpg

Running lights, fogs, HID lows

ad919b1bf75bfe9ed0902817643ead18.jpg

Lows and LED highs

4a1268b9d07189f6bb86917c6e52cc0c.jpg

Overall the cosmetics and lines of the truck flow better. Hopefully they throw a decent amount of light out. Headlights are Winjet for 14-15 Silverado, the fog lamps are Morimoto Type C LED fog lamp direct fit replacements. May need to adjust everything a little more since it wasn't even dark out yet, shouldn't be too bad though

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Don't forget the bcm diode trick to get your fogs to stay on with your high beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All installed! Took me longer due to actually taking my time to make sure everything was correct, and because it was hot lol. Found out why my passenger side HID wasn't firing, and it wasn't the striker from what I originally thought. Turns out one of the relays in the dual relay harness went bad. Guess that's a good design, that way you don't lose both headlights at once. Luckily I had one that fit the bill until I can order the correct one. Here's some pics

e95c899230897e8f5f7120bdde059254.jpg

Running lights on

c789d3a3f4dfac28f136be9992a4b583.jpg

Running lights + fog lights

20a57834aa3af8173d76ab7735473783.jpg

Running lights, fogs, HID lows

ad919b1bf75bfe9ed0902817643ead18.jpg

Lows and LED highs

4a1268b9d07189f6bb86917c6e52cc0c.jpg

Overall the cosmetics and lines of the truck flow better. Hopefully they throw a decent amount of light out. Headlights are Winjet for 14-15 Silverado, the fog lamps are Morimoto Type C LED fog lamp direct fit replacements. May need to adjust everything a little more since it wasn't even dark out yet, shouldn't be too bad though

Came out great so do the drl turn on all the time automatically or do you have to turn it on with a switch or something

Didn't do a whole lot with her, this morning, after work. Tried to tint the top of my windshield, but first pieces ended up not sticking, will reattempt in the next few days. After that, I detailed the inside, cleaned the windows (in/out) and dash-glass, cleaned the water marks off the chrome parts, removed my wife's makeup residue from the steering wheel controls (HOLY CRAP, I CAN SEE THE ICONS AGAIN!!!), and wiped the dust from the dash, center console, and doors.

• Like 3

Don't forget the bcm diode trick to get your fogs to stay on with your high beams

Unfortunately the last time I checked, in VA you can only have a max of 4 forward facing lights on at a time

Came out great so do the drl turn on all the time automatically or do you have to turn it on with a switch or something

The drl strips come on when the running lights come on. So when the regular low beam drls fire up the strips aren't on until the running lights are on. Hopefully I didn't confuse you too bad

Washed him today, looks tons better, especially with all the mud gone. Checked the alignment of the air dam, did some off roading last night and skimmed a dirt mound rumbling down a dirt trail. scuffed it just a tad, but no worse for the wear. Onward!

Put on color matched bowties, cleaned up and dressed some trim in preparation for a tonneau cover that the FedEx man is supposed to bring me in about a week. I'm not sure about the vinyl bowties yet as they are not a perfect match, but considering the very low cost and ease of installation I will look at them for a few weeks and decide. Dressing the trim seemed like a good idea before the cover gets here. I used Trinova plastic and trim restorer and it is very easy to use and leaves my preferred satin finish. I don't like the ultra glossy shine, but I want a touch more than a flat finish. Lots of good Amazon reviews and Youtube love, but I will reserve judgement until I see if it lasts and or runs down on the paint after the first rain. It is a rub on wipe off product and I followed the directions, but added a few minutes of sitting on the plastic before I wiped off. I tried to really emphasize the wipe off step because I hate it when "that other product" that we have all used at some point runs down on the paint. One other little trick I would like to pass on is how to get wax off of the trim. If you have any Magic Erasers around the house, dip one in a little water and it will take wax off the trim with ease. No matter how careful I am, I always get a little wax on the trim and it is nice to have a cure.

20170818 142605 001

20170818 142540 001

20170818 115615

20170818 115604

Got some lighting done, more to go. Tapped LED dome controller for interior and picked up the bed light harness for the bed.

I gotta get these bed lights, they look clean and would be great under the tonneau at night too

• Like 1

Unfortunately the last time I checked, in VA you can only have a max of 4 forward facing lights on at a timeThe drl strips come on when the running lights come on. So when the regular low beam drls fire up the strips aren't on until the running lights are on. Hopefully I didn't confuse you too bad

So your only using it with high beams? Shouldn't be an issue as you switch them to low beam as soon as you see oncoming traffic.

So your only using it with high beams? Shouldn't be an issue as you switch them to low beam as soon as you see oncoming traffic.

No the fogs are on with low beams only and then kick off when I turn on the high beams

Was working on wiring up the rear lights and discovered an axle seal leak. I guess it is time for some you tube.4811432eea6b8ab46ea59ca4dc88e577.jpg

Covered under powertrain right?

Covered under powertrain right?

I wish, the truck has been regeared to 4.10s which pretty much ruined that warranty.

On a brighter note G2 axle finally has their diff covers available. I ordered one from 4 wheel parts.

Should have everything by Wednesday to do the job next weekend.5504dee7b4c98e12d4e7086610790b99.jpg

• Like 3

Got some lighting done, more to go. Tapped LED dome controller for interior and picked up the bed light harness for the bed.

What kit did you use and where did you tap it to connect to the dome light. I would like to do the same as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What kit did you use and where did you tap it to connect to the dome light. I would like to do the same as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There's a gray wire in the gray wire block under the driver's side dash you tap into. There's a few pictures in this thread that point it out. As for the lights I ordered individual LEDs and made my own harness. You just ground to one of the bolts in the same area. There's one just under the carpet and another under the trim.