I can not spin my tires. Makes me mad

Three issues:

Bigger cam hurts your low end

4.10 is undergeared for 35s

Converter sounds too small for your cam

What are your cam specs?

The cam I chose had a better torque curv than stock I believe

And yes 4.10 may be a little small for 35s but my truck had no increase in laying power down running 245s

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With your tires, 4.55s would be best. Your current stall may acceptable with that cam, you should be tuned for it though.

Yeah down the road if re gear but if I were to do it if prolly get 4.88s do to the fact I may get 37s later on. Would re gearing be more worth it then a bigger stall?

So the stall isn't the reason holding me up from roasting the 245s? It's that I need a custom tune?

Do you have 35s or 245s? 245s would be a 31" or similar.

Your stall isn't helping but the gears are the issue, if you have 35s. If you are issuing a handheld, you are not tuned for the cam and headers.

You get the low end power to turn those hides, be prepared for the breakage. Like they said, big gear, high stall and matching tune to make it work. Your new problem wouldn't be turning the hides, but what happens when they stop.

Your stall isn't helping but the gears are the issue, if you have 35s. If you are issuing a handheld, you are not tuned for the cam and headers.

+1

I put some old 245s on just to do burnout and it would not spin them. So gearing wasn't the issue there... It was either stall or tune. I daily drive with 35s.

Ok so I'm gonna get the gears priced at a shop? 4.55 or 4.88s? I may want to go 37s nxt.

Also I'm gonna get converter priced.

After that in gonna decide to spend the money or sell the truck and get a duramax.

Archived