Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Chevrolet promises to build $30k Bolt EV with 200-mile range

BoltEV_1.jpeg

By Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

2/12/2015

Exactly one month after introducing the all-electric Bolt to the world, Chevrolet is now promising to build it. Today the company confirmed that it will produce the Bolt EV as its next generation all-electric vehicle.

Chevrolet also confirmed that the Bolt will be developed with two goals in mind. A 200-mile all-electric range and a $30,000 price tag. While the production vehicle will share the concept's name, don't expect them to look exactly the same. The production version will most likely undergo some styling and functional changes before it goes on sale.

BoltEV_5.jpeg

The Bolt will be produced Michigan at the Orion Assembly facility. The company simultaneously announced a $200-million investment to get ready for Bolt production. Orion will receive $160-million for tooling and equipment while Pontiac Metal Center Facilities will receive $40-million for new dies. The Bolt will be produced at the same facility that currently produces the Buick Verano and Chevrolet Spark

Chevrolet has not yet announced a model year or on sale target for the Bolt.

General Motors Says

Leveraging the industry-leading battery technology found in the Chevrolet Volt and Spark EV, the Bolt EV concept was developed as a game-changing, long-range pure electric for all 50 states, designed to offer more than a GM-estimated 200 miles of range at a target price of around $30,000.

BoltEV_1.jpeg

BoltEV_5.jpeg

BoltEV_1.jpeg

BoltEV_5.jpeg

BoltEV_1.jpeg

BoltEV_5.jpeg

Buick Verano & Chevy spark? I thought the Buick Encore was made at Orion with the Spark, and the Verano was made with the Cruze...

I am confused.

• Like 1

The Chevy Cruze is produced in Lordstown, Ohio. That is the only model built there.

• Like 1

You live Girard IIRC is close to there so you are probably right... I thought the Verano shared the platform with the Cruze tho... oh well...

Buick Verano & Chevy spark? I thought the Buick Encore was made at Orion with the Spark, and the Verano was made with the Cruze...

I am confused.

Spark is built in Changwon; South Korea; Cruze is made in Lordstown, OH; Verano shares the Orion, MI Plant with the Sonic.

but let's hope the Bolt doesn't fall into the same trap as its Bigger Brother the Volt: Its $30K Pricetag is only achievable with a massive Federal Tax Credit.

Edited by 09LowesSilverado

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      7/18/2018

GM-Trucks.com can confirm that Chevrolet is sending out media invitations for a next generation 2019 Silverado first drive program that will take place in just a few weeks. Scheduled during the second week of August, the invite only program will give selected national journalists and automotive media a first chance to get behind the wheel of the all new pickup in the mountains of Wyoming. 

That's good news for anyone interested in a third party opinion about the all new Silverado and undoubtedly the beginning of a media onslaught of 2019 Silverado and Sierra content. We can't wait!

We're finalizing our plans to attend the event ourselves and very much looking forward to seeing how the new Silverado matches our expectations. Especially since our long term 2019 Silverado LTZ should arrive just a few weeks after we get back.

• By PhatBoy
      GMT-K2xx   2014-2018 
      Brand new in the box GM/Borla 6.2 exhaust.  Part number on box shows dual side exhaust but laying it out it's a dual out the back exhaust, not what I wanted so its for sale.  Part numbers on box are: 19303345 (dual out the side) and 19303348 ( dual 4" black tips).  Parts have never been installed just laid out before install.  Pictures are of actual parts.  

$950 takes it. Pm with contact info and I'll be quick to reply.  

Thanks Roy  

PREFER LOCAL SALE, DO NOT WANT TO SHIP...... 
      Houston, Tx

• By 17Sierra1500
      Taken from a 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate  - - 22" GM CK164 Wheels and tires package for sale.
        4 wheels, 22x9 aluminum + 4 tires + 4 TPMS sensors installed + 4 tires mounted + 4 center caps   TPMS sensors and Lug Nuts INCLUDED   OEM wheel part number 19301164 7-spoke silver with black inserts and they retail about $500 each.   285/45R22 Brigestone Dueler A/T RH-S tires have 30K on them but they definitely still have some life left in them - I don't have a tire tread gauge or I could tell you the exact depth.   All parts listed here are OEM Factory parts unlike the cheap knock-off replicas you find on the internet.   Located in Columbia, Missouri.  $1800 OBO   EDIT: I would consider shipping them if buyer pays for shipping, up front and payment clears.  I did a quote through Greyhound Package Express and it is roughly $400 to ship them to the lower 48 states, give or take depending on your location.  If you choose this option, you will have to be patient with me shipping them as I will have to drive 2 hours each way to get to a Greyhound shipping location.

• By ndemuth
      I'm in search of a set of gm tri-mode running boards and computer that comes on the Sierra Denali or Silverado High Country. I'm located in Houston TX.
    • By L83_Z71
      Evening y'all,

I know the subject of AFM either deletion or disabling has been beat with a stick but as I was doing some digging I came across a couple of articles that had me wondering. So I recently just ordered a Range for my '16 5.3 and am/ was eager to install it but.... I read that when disabling AFM in the long run it can hurt the motor i.e. lifters. My question is, has anyone been running a AFM disable tune/ flash for a few years and had any issues?

Thanks guys