Custom Bose Amp Harness

I am trying to add an AudioControl Line Output converter, and 2 separate amplifiers to my existing 2015 Sierra Crew Cab SLT Bose system. I'll use a 5-way amp to power the front, rear, and console subwoofer. I've got a sub amp to power dual 10" subwoofers in an enclosure under the back seat.

I've looked everywhere for a 2014-2015 GMC Sierra aftermarket harness for Bose systems without any luck.

Basically, I would like to fabricate a custom harness so that I don't have to totally splice into the existing wiring. That way, I can simply keep my existing bose system in place, and if needed for warranty or if I end up selling or needing to yank out the audio system, still keep factory in place. Also, I can't completely remove the factory Bose amp, because it handles other processing, like bluetooth, door chimes, etc. The amp will continue to power the two dash speakers, and have other low level inputs from the factory head unit, but all of the other speakers outputs (from Bose Amp) will be summed by the AudioControl LOC, then output via RCA to the two amps, with speaker level outputs from the amps back to the custom harness and out to the speakers.

I've found an adapter from Metra for an amp bypass (http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-2057), which was made for non-bose, but will work for the female side of the custom harness on the bose system, but I need the male versions of the adapter as well to connect to the amp. If I could get the harnesses identified as #3 in the photo below, I think that will work. Then I just do all the splicing and electrical connections on the custom harness instead of factory wiring. Any idea how to find/order it?

0n6Kk8s.jpg

No idea. But subscribing for discussion. For me, I am just going to use posi-taps to tap into the signal after the bose amp for my subwoofer install. They are pretty invasive and will be easy to return to stock if need be.

You may have a tough time finding the connector you need. But you are looking for the Male connection that will plug into the bose amp right?

Maybe find a wrecked truck with the Bose system and cannibalize the harness from it.

Thanks @fondupot.

I've actually got a basic LOC with a posi-tap spliced into the subwoofer output of the Bose amp feeding my subwoofer amp and dual 10" subs for now. The 5-channel and AudioControl are both mounted, but not yet used.

I'm wanting to add the AudioControl and a 5-channel Amp for additional signal summing, crossover, and power to the rest of the system. I haven't noticed much of the Bose crossovers kicking in with the subs yet, but I'd just like an overall cleaner signal going to both amps and all speakers with the AudioControl LOC.

I'm thinking it's possible, just being impatient waiting for an adapter from Metra.

Thanks @fondupot.

I've actually got a basic LOC with a posi-tap spliced into the subwoofer output of the Bose amp feeding my subwoofer amp and dual 10" subs for now. The 5-channel and AudioControl are both mounted, but not yet used.

I'm wanting to add the AudioControl and a 5-channel Amp for additional signal summing, crossover, and power to the rest of the system. I haven't noticed much of the Bose crossovers kicking in with the subs yet, but I'd just like an overall cleaner signal going to both amps and all speakers with the AudioControl LOC.

I'm thinking it's possible, just being impatient waiting for an adapter from Metra.

Gotcha. I am waiting for my sub box to arrive so I can install my sub and amp. I have an AudioControl Lc2i (probably overkill for this purpose, but I like AC units) and a JL HX300 monoblock amp. The JL amp is super small, I will be able to hide it really well.

I like the route you are going though. Definitely make things easier to have a good wire harness installed. Does Metra have a amp bypass harness in the works?

Does Metra have a amp bypass harness in the works?

Yes, http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-2057is the amp bypass for non-bose systems. The non-bose don't have all the extra processing in the amp, so are much more flexible. I wish mine were that easy.

With a bit of work (and some non-used wires, this harness takes care of the female half of my connection (from the body wiring to custom harness), I just need the male for the other half of the harness plugging into the amp.

Yes, http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-2057is the amp bypass for non-bose systems. The non-bose don't have all the extra processing in the amp, so are much more flexible. I wish mine were that easy.

With a bit of work (and some non-used wires, this harness takes care of the female half of my connection (from the body wiring to custom harness), I just need the male for the other half of the harness plugging into the amp.

Oh yea, I saw that one you posted before. I just thought you meant they had one in the works that was specific to the Bose systems. That would be helpful. I wish they would make one with the preamp outputs to just plug n play. Already summed and ready to amplify....asking too much I guess tho haha

So I think I've found a potential solution, and I have 2 of the 3, with the ACDelco part on order:

3 separate harnesses/kits required:

• Metra 70-2057 - GM 2014+ Amp Bypass Harness (Non-Bose)
  • Metra 71-2107 - GM 2015+ Factory Radio Plug (only large green adapter is needed for radio/speaker wires into amp location)
  • ACDelco PT2641 - GM Original Equipment Black Multi-Purpose Pigtail

With all three of these, I should be able to create an adapter for the bose system that will be flexible enough to meet my needs. I can see how my wiring is going to be fairly specific to my install, but these 3 adapters combined will prevent me from splicing into factory wiring, just using the existing harnesses.

Also, for the front/rear door speakers, the Metra 72-5600 should work just fine. I tested on my truck, and while it's not made to fit exactly, the fit aligns, just doesn't have any clip to hold it in place made specifically for the factory wiring. Haven't yet found an adapter that works for the dash speakers.

After I get the adapter wired up and tested, I'll post a followup.

Harness I made up using the Metra 71-2107 and 70-2057. Other end got wired into pigtail for the inline amp (in/out). Simple plug and play.

PS: That's not black tape, it's factory harness tape (no adhesive).

post-139324-0-92466900-1434411908_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRN69CHV

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 11:46 AM, erikankrom said:

So I think I've found a potential solution, and I have 2 of the 3, with the ACDelco part on order:

3 separate harnesses/kits required:

• Metra 70-2057 - GM 2014+ Amp Bypass Harness (Non-Bose)
  • Metra 71-2107 - GM 2015+ Factory Radio Plug (only large green adapter is needed for radio/speaker wires into amp location)
  • ACDelco PT2641 - GM Original Equipment Black Multi-Purpose Pigtail

With all three of these, I should be able to create an adapter for the bose system that will be flexible enough to meet my needs. I can see how my wiring is going to be fairly specific to my install, but these 3 adapters combined will prevent me from splicing into factory wiring, just using the existing harnesses.

Also, for the front/rear door speakers, the Metra 72-5600 should work just fine. I tested on my truck, and while it's not made to fit exactly, the fit aligns, just doesn't have any clip to hold it in place made specifically for the factory wiring. Haven't yet found an adapter that works for the dash speakers.

After I get the adapter wired up and tested, I'll post a followup.

Erik did you every finish this install? do you have any pictures? I have a 2015 Silverado HC, with Bose I want to bypass the amp and install new speakers and a sub, but still keep the factory HU. I want to keep all the features of the factory HU but just replace the speakers and sub. I have an LC7i for line out conversion I got the amp bypass harness 70-2057 but was still a little confused on the connection. any help would awesome thank you. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/15/2015 at 6:45 PM, GRN69CHV said:

Harness I made up using the Metra 71-2107 and 70-2057. Other end got wired into pigtail for the inline amp (in/out). Simple plug and play.

PS: That's not black tape, it's factory harness tape (no adhesive).

Would this work to hook up an Audio Control LC2I? I don't want to splice into my wires from bose Amp if I don't have to. I was looking at different harnesses trying to rig or fabricate one. I wish someone would make a exact guide on one such as the one here GRN69CHV made. I'd appreciate it and am sure alot of others would as well.