2012 Silverado 6.2 liter LTZ Climate control question

When the Climate control is set to Auto and hot outside the ACC control automatically sets to re circulation to cool quickly.

My question is: after the cabin is cooled down to temperature does the ACC control automatically sets from re circulation to fresh air?

It seems like my 2005 1 ton LTZ did, along with other vehicles that I have owned.

thanks for input

Fredbojr

My previous '06 had Auto Climate control and yes it would automatically switch to recirculate to cool down cabin and then switch back to fresh air once it cooled down. I was extremely spoiled with the system...kind of would like to have the system in the current truck but won't happen so I get to deal with single zone manual control...oh well.

On my 2012 LTZ it does ... once the temperature inside is close to the set point it automatically switches to "fresh" air ... however, now thinking about it, I only notice it when I remote start the vehicle. Not exactly sure about in normal running operation.

I have a 08 Sierra and my system will automatically go back and forth from the two settings to keep the air at the correct temperature. Yours may be staying in recirculate mood due to high temps? Or it may need tone reprogrammed.

I have a 08 Sierra and my system will automatically go back and forth from the two settings to keep the air at the correct temperature. Yours may be staying in recirculate mood due to high temps? Or it may need to be reprogrammed.

Archived