Trying to find the right wiring harness connector for 14 Express Trail

SoCalChris

Question

I'm trying to wire up the towing harness for my 2014 Chevy Express. It didn't come with the factory tow package.

I've found a wiring harness that has the wiring for the trailer. It is terminated with a Delphi PA6-GB20 GF10 terminal. The problem that I'm having is finding the harness that plugs into this, I'd much rather plug into a factory harness than start splicing into the wiring. No one has been able to help me though. I've been to several auto parts stores, looking online, and a few dealers parts departments trying to find the correct harness. No one has seen or heard of this.

Searching online by this part #, I've found a lot of Delphi connectors, not one of which look the same as this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm stumped here....

2014 Chevy Express 3500 LT, extended, 6.0

post-21376-0-85599300-1457819364_thumb.jpg

post-21376-0-89679300-1457819378_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Thanks, I was pretty sure it was the trailer wiring harness based on where it's at, and a few pictures I'd found online that show the harness in the same spot (Although the harness is a different shape in the pictures I've seen). I guess I'll have to take a multimeter to it to find out if it is or not.

Thanks for your help though. I'll get out there and look for the harness that you pointed out in your second post, and see if I have any better luck with that.

Actually, I just looked a little closer at one of the pictures I'd seen online. The harness that I'm asking about is in the same spot, but the trailer wiring harness is there as well. So it looks like I'm totally missing the trailer wiring harness. I'm not sure what the harness I was asking about is then....

http://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/4/1/41155_2014~Chevrolet~Express_Van_5_1000.jpg

Im in the same boat, cannot for the life of me figure out what the wire is for! We are installing the hitch and brake control this weekend, have you gotten that far or run into any other random wires?

Thanks for the update, I contacted our dealers parts department and sent pics with our vin to determine what I need to do. He was perplexed as well and very interested in what the heck is going on. Hopefully I'll get a call back today

The one tbarn posted is without UY7 factory trailer plug which, if you don't have that, then that plug he posted should be somewhere up there. Says its mounted near the center of the bumper.

The only thing I see from GM at the moment is 12498307. I'll take another look in the AM.

I'm still searching....here's where I've looked so far...

Pep Boys...no answer just wanted to sell me the t harness

AutoZone...same as PepBoys but adapter they tried to push was not compatible

Parts manager at local Chevy dealer....no idea and states his "go to" GM parts guy says it may be a factory harness but could not confirm

Chevy help desk....no help just wanted me to contact dealer

I'm waiting for a reply from etrailer.com in reference to a video that they have of a hitch install on the same vehicle which clearly shows said mystery wire

I'm frustrated. Why put a wire that goes nowhere and does nothing which is what I'm being told.

So I still know nothing.

Archived