Headlight Illumination Issues

Can you provide data on which kit you used? Your post mentions the 35W kit -- is there a SKU or a specific model? I am sorely tempted to do the same thing! (And I think I'll type up an invoice and send it to GMC's finance office for the cost) (Just kidding).

Here is a link to the exact kit I bought: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/all-products/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?carDisplay=2015%2BGMC%2BSierra&preselect=51812%2C50527%2C47338%2C48753%2C48136&preselect_restrict=1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone...update on my case. ...GM has refused to acknowledge my problem with my headlights on my 2014 Sierra. Recently, while driving on the highway at night, one headlight burned out, it was horrible to drive, hard to see, and when I replaced the burned out one, the other one had to be replaced as it was dull and had a yellow tint. I was advised that once my warranty ends, I will have to pay for these bulbs myself....at $70 each....having to replace once a year due to getting dull is unacceptable....$55000 for a pickup with substandard lights. When I told my "GM customer care ambassador that I may join a class action lawsuit or go to the media...it did not fizz him one bit. basically GM does not give a s&*t about safety...just getting your hard earned money!

You can get the phillips ones at autozone or some other parts dealer for much much less, just look for the 9012 bulbs over the HIR-2's

For those who live in cold climates, how well do the HID kits hold up, any issues?

No issues so far, no discoloring due to super cold temps. The kit I have is very good quality and I think it will last me a long time.

• 1 month later...

I had hid kit and ever so often one bulb wouldn't light up. If you turned ignition of and on ,it would be good again. Finally got fed up and went back to upgraded stock lights ,and put LEDs in the fogs. So for me running the fogs while headlights are on is not to bad. Bright's are useless. I don't drive on the milky way.

I had hid kit and ever so often one bulb wouldn't light up. If you turned ignition of and on ,it would be good again. Finally got fed up and went back to upgraded stock lights ,and put LEDs in the fogs. So for me running the fogs while headlights are on is not to bad. Bright's are useless. I don't drive on the milky way.

Sounds like a bad ballast

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Morimoto kit on order from The Retrofit Source!

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/all-products/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?carDisplay=2015%2BGMC%2BSierra&preselect=51812%2C50527%2C47338%2C48753%2C48136&preselect_restrict=1

The reviews on the web page were the clincher, along with the fact the kit is tailored for the 2014-2015 Sierra. Will report back to this forum how well it all works and how hard/easy it is to install!

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten an update on the lawsuit?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The lawsuit is Armando J. Becerra, Guillermo Ruela, et al. v. General Motors LLC, et al.

It apparently is still alive and winding its way through the legal system.

The last action taken was in January 2017.

A list of all of the activities is at: https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2p2c3awdq/california-southern-district-court/becerra-et-al-v-general-motors-llc-et-al/

Edited by SierraRover
  • Like 1